Let the right one in...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Chaostar, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I've been to three or four different Best Buys over the past couple of weeks and they've all had several copies of the Blu-ray with the theatrical subtitles.

2. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, i've seen one in store...i just am not ready to fork over the $30 for it. im also not ready to risk paying money for a disc i have no use for online

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

My BestBuy had 3 copies of the updated version. I made the switch no problem - exchanged my old unopened copy for the new one, and on top of that they gave me a $8 gift card cause for some reason they think I paid $29.99 for the original. The new copy was $19.99, and I'm certain I paid $19.99 too when I originally bought it cause it was on sale - whatevs! Bonus :D

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

The UK disc seems to go for pretty cheap. Anyone know if it will play on North American Blu-ray players?

5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

According to this (last paragraph before Audio Quality section) it will. I can't say from experience because when I watched this I switched my region to B before trying to play the disc since it says Region B on the box.

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Thanks, I can't seem to find a good version anywhere where I live. I might have to go that route.

7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

np, I'd check it myself but can't right now.

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Finally found a blu-ray copy today with the theatrical subs at best buy. It was 30.99 but it was the first time I found a copy so I went for it. Maybe I'll look around and see if I can take advantage of their lowest price guarantee.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The BB here either sold 2 copies with old subs last week, or finally returned them and got the right ones in (rimshot!, couldn't resist!). They now have 2 copies just like before, but both have the theatrical subs. Last week only the dvds had them, the BD's were old.

But why bother with subs at all, we're stupid Americans who don't like to read, so let's go see the remake!:bs::sleepy::sleepy::fucked:

I only watched thew orignal once and really didn't groove on it like others have, but does that remake trailer look nearly shot for shot to anyone else? It's not gonna be like Psycho is it?

I don't care as I'll never see the motherfucker anyway, but do like to know what I'm talking about and plan to direct others to the original. Maybe I'll make a bunch of dubs and hand them out to idiots going into the remake, but I'll probably get arrested and sued for trying to help.

10. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Sadly that's exactly what the film industry believes.

For the majority of the movie going population they're probably right.

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I'm sure this won't make any difference to those who are adamently against it, but word coming out of TIFF is that Let Me In is amazing. Not better than the original, but different. The inclusion of Elias Koteas's detective character (seen several times in the trailer) proves that this isn't a shot for shot remake. Matt Reeves based his screenplay on both the original novel and the Swedish screenplay so the remake brings elements from both. I just hope the cat scene is gone or the CGI is vastly improved.

Here's a good review from Drew McWeeny over at HitFix: Toronto: 'Let Me In' is exceptional, with two brilliant young leads at their best

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  12. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

That's actually good to hear - and to be honest after seeing Kick Ass I'd give any movie that Chloe Moretz is in a chance - the girl can act!

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I'll be going to the TIFF showing of Let me In tomorrow. I can't imagine they would screen it there if it wasn't pretty good. They don't usually screen remakes.

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I ordered it from DVD Pacific and it has the correct subs. Think it was under $15 on their site. Little late now, but I guess you could always order it and return it with the BB receipt.

15. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Thanks but I already opened it. Oh well who knows if they would of even sent me the right one. DVDpacific has it listed for $17.31 + $5 shipping + CAN dollar conversion would of talking me closer to $25. Not to mention the 3 week wait for shipping. I guess it's not that big a deal. Amazon.ca is selling it for 27.99 maybe I can get a few bucks back.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  16. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Ahh okay, it must have been on sale or something. Either way, it's worth the $30!