Let's talk "Don't" Movies

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by MoonGirl84, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Mytee

Mytee Guest

Personally I always liked Dont Go To Sleep myself

2. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Donnie don't dance...Don't Go In the House is also my personal favorite as well. When a chick tries to get me to disco dance I set fire to her hair.

3. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

I think the end of Don't Go in the HOuse makes up for all the insanity that guy did to women.

A crazy ex BF of mine claims he was the kid in this movie. lol said the directors knew someone he knew and he got the part. I'm not so sure about that but that's what he said. lol

4. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

5. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I have to dissent.
    After one particularly shocking and memorable scene, this becomes a borefest that owes way too much to Psycho for its own good.
    Again, as Brad Jones might say, never reference a (far) better movie in your shitty movie.

6. MoonGirl84

MoonGirl84 Guest

Slasher gal, I might be taking an exit. I think that is what you guys want. :)

7. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I found this today at Halfpricebooks for $5. It will sit in the To Watch pile for a month no doubt but for five bucks... :D

8. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Be careful with which version of DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE you grab -- there's an old Rhino disc that's cut to hell. I produced a standalone special edition with BCI Eclipse and it's currently the best version available:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000I0QLKU

It's a new anamorphic transfer from an uncut print, with some pretty cool supplements -- I did a featurette with star Nicholas Worth about the film (it was his last interview before his death) and got writer Shane Dallman to moderate an audio commentary with the director. There's also a stills collection and some trailers. The later multi-pack reissues from BCI and Mill Creek are missing these extras.

9. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Just checked and its the BCI Eclipse version. :D

10. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Finally picked up Don't Go in the House, y'all were right it is really good!
    Is Don't Answer the Phone any good?

anyone else wish they would've made a movie out of Don't!, the trailer from Grindhouse?

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I like it, and it seems to get better with each subsequent viewing. It's really sleazy in the typical late 70's/early 80's style, and Nicholas Worth's unique performance in it was Oscar worthy. :eek:

Is it a "good" film? Well that's debatable, but it's certainly trashy exploitation fun.