Lionsgate releases Chud 2, Ghoulies III and The Unholy on DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by MisterTwister, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nope, no subtitles on Ghoulies 3. I just checked the disc.

ALL of the movies have closed captioning though, is that what you meant? CC is a different entity than subtitles since you need a decoder (TV or software) to view them.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yep, so there you go bigdaddyhorse. Most DVDs don't even have CC.

3. shockwave

shockwave New Member

If anyone's interested, I picked up an extra copy of the Ghoulies/Chud set, $14 shipped if its in the US.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Also, since the thread was just bumped, I'll add that The Unholy will be on IFC this weekend.

5. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Visiting the parents in Texas so I finally snagged copies of the Chud II/Ghoulies III and Bloody Murder sets. If anyone in the Houston area is still looking for the Chud II set, the Walmart in Atascocita had quite a few copies. Could only find one Blood Diner set and it was very "bin damaged" but I bought it anyway. They also had the Reanimator/Return of the Living Dead set but those were even more damaged so I passed. :mad:

If you head up the road to Humble there were plenty of Bloody Murder sets but not much else. On the plus side, I found both that set and the Chud II set on the shelf in the horror section rather than the dump bin so no damage. :D

This has been a cool thread to follow. Thanks everyone for their contributions and info on where to find these. That's what makes this site such a cool community. :banana:

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I still have yet to see the CHUD set in any store. I did quit looking with intent, but always do a quick scan of the dump bins and move around the top stuff. Still see the Bloody Murder set, but never once seen the other set, or the Re-Animator set either.

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

It looks like Amazon actually has these up for 9/4/12 preorder @ $8.99, which is good because my local Wal Marts never received any of 'em!

Waxwork / 976-EVIL 2 / Ghoulies Go to College / The Unholy / CHUD 2 / Chopping Mall / Slaughter High / Class of 1999:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B008DVJOQ4&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

Blood Diner / Parents / Earth Girls are Easy / Sundown: A Vampire in Retreat / Fido / Boy Eats Girl:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B008DVJNTW&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

Bride of Re-Animator / Beyond Re-Animator / Return of the Living Dead 3 / Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis / Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave / Night of the Living Dead 3-D:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B008DVJO50&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

8. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

great find, preordered the first one.

I love Fido but have yet to buy it. Are any of the films in that second set worth it, or should I just buy Fido on its own w/ presumably a better transfer?

9. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Parents is one of my favorite movies ever, so I can recommend that one from the Fido set. Randy Quaid is pretty amazing in it and Bob Balaban's direction is very solid. Sundown is pretty good, mostly for Bruce and Deborah Foreman, and Blood Diner is okay - a bit too wacky though. I don't remember much about Boy Eats Girl, but it's not awful or anything, just not very memorable.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Awesome news. I need the Blood Diner set. Love that flick. Also a big fan of Fido and Parents.

Sundown is fun but the print on the set is fullscreen. No thanks.

11. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

FYI, DVD Pacific has these for $5.50 each.

12. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Blood Diner IS the #1 reason to buy that set, IMO. Really underrated 80's Horror. And I just watched Parents a few weeks ago and that's pretty damn great as well.

I would think the transfer for Fido would be the same as the stand alone release.

13. Workshed

thanks, dudes. I didn't read the contents too carefully, I guess. :eek:

I own the widescreen of Sundown and have seen Blood Diner (sorry, shithead, but I didn't love it). Have not seen Parents (but curious about Quaid in a horror film), Earth Girls Are Easy or Boy Eats Girl.

14. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Just a heads up, Walmart has a few new double feature blu's for five bucks including The Prophecy/The Prophecy II (which was not included in the four film blu set).

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I picked that up Tuesday and promptly sold my dvd of Prophecy 2 and BD of part 1. Watched part 2 last night and I'm pretty impressed. Solid looking transfer all through it, and the bitrate looked high everytime I checked it. Now for the kicker, part 1 probably looks better on the set with part 2 than the solo blu-ray did. Since I sold the first blu too quick I couldn't compare, but the few scenes I watched did look better than I recall the solo (although a seriously fucked looked scene still looked seriously fucked, so maybe it's identical). The bitrate on that was in the 30-40mps range each time I looked.

Double kicker? Sure. There is actually a 4 minute EPK "featurette" for the first film and the trailer. First extra features ever, they weren't on the old dvd, the EB dvd or the EB BD! Could be the end of the world, EB put a bit of something into this cheap bin disc (some websites say it's 2 discs, it's one)! It's also not supposed to be out until 9/14, unless Wally has a special window. Couldn't find any reviews but was pleased by part 2 finally filling my screen, and being in HD.:) Plus it's only $5, cannot do anything but recommend it at that price!

16. Workshed

My copy arrived today! :banana:

I finally get to see Ghoulies III!

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

my indie store got these in today so i got the blood diner set for 6.99 since the walmarts around here never got em

19. Workshed

Fantastic. I had to stop reading because the screenshots were too good. Will go back to it after I finish the movie tonight, but so far, so great.

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

You guys and Ghoulies III - pffft. I thought it was pretty damn hard to sit through. All the stupid annoying banter/dialog from the Ghoulies, oh man. One man gathers what another man spills :)