Livid

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by msw7, Nov 4, 2011.

1. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

thanks! And dammit - I used the search function to look for a mention of the movie before I posted the thread.... (once again, search has failed me here)

The trailer is new to the intertubes - at least it's something for those of us not lucky enough to make it to TIFF. :(

4. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

LIVID is a flawed but interesting effort from the directors if INSIDE. It starts off like a French version of The People Under The Stairs, and about halfway thru things just start getting weirder. It doesn't make a lot of sense but keeps a creepy atmosphere throughout. Then there is the ending. This is going to always be a controversial point regarding Livid. I can understand that going from some heavy duty gore one minute and shifting gears into a more fairy tale like ending will leave most viewers scratching their heads, or even cursing the screen, but you almost have to applaud the directors for doing something very different. In the end LIVID is good but unfortunately not on the level of INSIDE and therefore i would consider it a bit of a disappointment. There's enough moments of gore and horror and really strange goings on that i still recommend this one to adventurous viewers. 6.5 out of 10.