Lost After Dark

Discussion in 'General' started by Paff, Aug 25, 2015.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Not just you.

Also, if anyone is looking to pick up any of these new $9.99 blu-rays, Exeter is the one to get. That movie is a blast!

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep going to go to bestbuy to get Exeter today

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Watched this and Exeter last night. Think Lost was bit more fun despite some flaws. The "missing reel" gag was so unnecessary, any cut would've sufficed there and gotten to the same place later. Also just noticed these moviesa are related by more than release date and Best Buy prices, they have the same composer!

4. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I finally got to spin this movie. Its not too bad of a throw back feel 80's slasher. Heck I seen worse ;) .

This movie does start off slow, but the kills were so 80's and had decent amount of splat blood and gore.

Overall, I rate in 3.5 out of 5. Good buy for less than $10 IMHO.

5. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

i liked it too.. although there was one major mistake in the beginning. the girl in high school had a tattoo on her ankle? No one I mean no one had tatooos on their ankles if anywhere in 1984.. first off you had to be 18. iam just saying that. ruined that part.. cant stay away from those articles of today.. anyway. I did like it ..

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the state, but certain places it's legal to get a tattoo at 16 with parental consent. There were a few kids in my high school who had them. And I think this movie takes place in Michigan, which happens to be where I went to high school.

Doesn't account for the 1984 thing (I wasn't alive back then to say), but no, you don't have to be 18 to get a tattoo.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I liked it, a fun throwback to 80's horror. The only part that I felt was contrived is the CG "aging" effects put in the transfer...that was a little annoying at times and it didn't need them. Reel missing? Okay, maybe that one time it worked. :p

I don't remember ankles exactly, but there were definitely some kids that I went to junior high with in the 80's that had visible tattoos on their arm and such. I don't really see that as a flaw in the movie...I'm sure there were some teenagers somewhere in the 80's who had a tattoo on their ankle. I also don't recall that you had to be 18 to get a tattoo here. I think maybe it required a parent's permission...but some parental types could care less and probably even encouraged it.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So, 2 1/2 years after starting this thread, I finally saw the movie (it only just became available on Netflix DVD, and I wasn't going to blind buy it). Liked it. Quite a bit, actually. I felt it re-created the 80s feel, and was far more respecting of 80s horror in general, unlike a certain other major franchise which ridicules slasher films and their fans (first film in the franchise did at least. Wasn't impressed enough to see any sequels). They even threw me for a major loop when you discover the
    Final Girl
    is not at all who you think it would be. In fact, that happens twice in the film.
    My only gripe was how the damn kids kept going BACK INSIDE THE HOUSE when shit got bad. Yeah, I know people in 80s movies made dumb decisions too, but this was exceptionally annoying. Especially because in Lost After Dark they voluntarily went to the house. They could have easily walked off the site and taken their chances with the killer on neutral grounds. Should have been some kind of plot device that made the house the only option (like say, the destroyed bridge in Evil Dead, or the spiked gate in Hell Night).

I don't think this is one I need for my collection, but I have to say it was a very enjoyable 90 minutes. Worth a rental at least.