Love it Or Hate it Films

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Jun 13, 2005.

?

Love it Or Hate it films. Pick the ones you enjoyed!

1. The Blair Witch Project

58.6%
  2. Cabin Fever

62.1%
  3. House of 1000 corpses

51.7%
  4. Open Water

27.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Here's my ranking:

1) The Blair Witch Project
    2) Cabin Fever
    3) House of 1000 Corpses
    4) Open Water

Hate none of those even though my first viewing of Open Water didn't exactly wow me. It 'clicked' the second time, loved it on my third viewing.

2. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Voted for all four.

1: The Blair Witch Project- amazing film, and the most frightening I've come across. One of the greats
    2: Cabin Fever- this one clicks for me perfectly, including the humor.
    3: Open Water- a very simple, effective gem. The tension reaches major heights.
    4: House of 1000 Corpses- I actually didn't like this one at first, but its grown on me big time.

The first three are among the best horror films I've seen, new or old, while House is a ton of fun. I fully expect the sequel to be even better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2005
  3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Cabin Fever
    House of 1000 corpses
    Open Water
    The Blair Witch Project

4. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I loved Open Water. I felt it was one of the most sweat-inducing movies to come along in awhile. Surprisingly, it's the one on here that most horror fans hated. I hated the other three myself. They were all over-hyped crap.

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I hated 1000 CORPSES and BLAIR WITCH, didn't even bother finishing OPEN WATER. But I loved CABIN FEVER. It was not what I expected and I really enjoyed it. It was gross, funny, and off-beat--three things I love.

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I HATED Cabin Fever. I just didn't enjoy the humour and I really just wanted everyone to die quickly so the movie would end.

I LOVED Open Water. Probably the scariest movie I've seen in a long time (but I used to have nightmares about this subject matter).

I loved Blair Witch. It was well executed, had a great idea, and was quite scary at times.

House was cool, but it kinda booged down towards the end.

1. Open Water
    2. Blair Witch
    3. House
    Distant 4. Cabin Fever

7. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

1) The Blair Witch Project: I first saw it while staying at a guest house right next to the edge of the woods. I didn't sleep very well that night.

2) Cabin Fever: Everything clicked. The horror. The black comedy. When I watch it next, I'll have my lemonade and pancakes at the ready.

3) House of 1000 Corpses: I'll go with the common sentiment that this one grew on me, thanks mostly to Sid Haig's Captain Spaulding who, despite his limited screen time, helps keep it afloat.

4) Open Water: Great idea, but it never went far enough for me. I was waiting for the film to push me, but it never strayed away from its safe setup. Had its moments and I recommend that people at least give it a chance. I just found the whole experience underwhelming.

8. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I haven't seen Open Water out of the bunch, but Cabin Fever was the only one I enjoyed. I didn't LOVE it, but I found it worth watching after several beers.

9. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I still enjoy watching CABIN FEVER whenever it's on cable. I didn't like 1000 CORPSES at first, but it's grown on me a bit. BLAIR WITCH I've only seen once--I liked the hype and ballyhoo surrounding it...it was sorta like the old gimmicky exploitation movie days. But I doubt it would stand up to subsequent viewings, so I like it the least of the three I've seen--still haven't seen OPEN WATER.

10. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Although I didn't LOVE it,OPEN WATER was the only one of the bunch I would say I liked.It was fairly creepy,it might've worked even better as a short.I saw BLAIR WITCH opening weekend,before the hype,but still didn't like it.I can appreciate the last shot,but I just find the film tedious.CABIN FEVER works better for me as a spoof,as horror it's totally ridiculous.HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES was a near miss,I could see where Zombie was going,but I don't think he quite got there.I thought it was an interresting failure.Of course,thats just my opinion.....

11. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I loved Blair Witch because i watched it for what it was meant to be- not going in expecting something to blow me away from all the hype it got that ruined it for many- the first time i watched cabin fever i thought it was just okay- but after repeated viewings on hbo and cinemax it has really grown on me- it has some great cheesy character moments and really holds up as pretty original while staying true to campy favorites from the past- rob zombies movie was okay- not original at all but i didnt hate it- it had its moments - and open water was interesting and fun- but more like a 2nd rate blair witch type movie - just with a more believable plot i guess- i wouldnt really call it a horror film though

12. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Same here.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

So far the Love it or hate it films....After 52 votes

65% of us enjoyed Cabin Fever
    63% of us enjoyed The Blair Witch Project
    52% of us enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses
    35% of us enjoyed Open Water

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  14. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Wow, that's a surprising result. I would have expected Cabin Fever to be at the bottom. Blair Witch (which is really close to the top, although I hate it and don't see how it could possibly hold up to subsequent viewings) and House Of 1,000 Corpses I thought would be up at the top with Open Water riding up their asses. I would have expected Cabin Fever to have totally bombed in this poll though, considering a lot of the remarks said about it in other threads (specifically the remarks about Eli Roth). Nice to see it getting some love here though in a somewhat best of the mediocre (apparently).

15. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

i like all of them but i dont see myself watching them much,never seen open water

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

It's funny how a lot of people say they wouldn't watch these movies again. With the exception of Cabin Fever (which I hated), I've watched these movies mulitple times and will watch them again in the near future.

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I've watched Cabin Fever a few times - enjoyed it. I have not watched Blair Witch more than a couple, I'll admit. Open Water has had multliple viewings too. House.... well, twice was way enough for me. The MENU was enough for me.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I didn't like Cabin Fever that much when I first saw it, but I watched it on cable the other night and really got into it then. I'm probably gonna grab the dvd at some point (they just a few dollars too much at the used stores right now).

Also gave a nod to HO1KC, not an original idea to be seen but still really fun.

As for the other 2.

Blair Witch = Worst movie ever, period.

Open Water = boring shit, but liked the titties and had a few laughs. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it, but I won't waste time watching it again.

19. MrVess

MrVess Guest

I've heard rumors of the existence of some strange yet allegedly considerable group of individuals who actually liked "Saw"... if it's true, perhaps that one should be included in the listing, too.

20. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I so wanted to see Saw, but once I saw Saw I never wanted to see Saw again. It's a really mediocre movie with some interesting parts, but I'm still angry at myself for buying it. Even $5 was too much for that pos!