Lucio Fulci VS Dario Argento

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Dark Lord, Dec 12, 2001.

?

Argento or Fulci?

1. Dario Argento

70 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Lucio Fulci

26 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

That's a tough one indeed. I voted for old Lucio because in general I find his films more entertaining. He's got some of the greatest gore scenes ever put on celluliod. Fulci also has proven himself to be competent in almost every genre. However, if we were voting on the basis of style and imagination, my choice would be Dario. Hell, they're both great!:evil:

2. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Fulci is my favorite of the two. Argento can make a more solid film but Fulci's atmosphere impresses me more.

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Dario is my Fav director so i'm going with him.

4. argento since all of his movies kickass my last one opera is my least favorite but it still is excellent.Fulci's movies are very good but I haven't seen a lot of his.

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'm not going to choose either one. I'm happy that they both made a lot of cool flicks for me to watch. Why does there always have to be a best?

6. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I don't like either of these guys very much but I choose Fulci because I like Zombie a lot, and nothing else. The only thing I like from Argento is his cut of Dawn and 2 Evil Eyes.

7. geekcccp

geekcccp Guest

I go with Argento because his movies always have a real nice pace to them. Fulci films always give the feeling that they are 4 hours long, but I still think that hes a great director. Did anyone else think that Zombi felt like it was a marathon movie?

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

You have to go with Argento here, Even though i like Fulci. Argento has about 10 films that are better then Fulci best film IMHO.

9. etale

etale Guest

Definitely Argento.
    He's the master!!!!!

10. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Sorry guys but I think Fulci is one of the most overrated horror directors ever with Tobe Hooper a close second. However with saying that I admit I am a little biased since Argento is one of my favorite horror directors.

11. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Fulci - Gore
    Argento - Style

I prefer style :p .

12. 6thdoctor

6thdoctor Guest

Dario Argento. Still one of the most under-rated director's around.

13. Dari Argent

Dari Argent Guest

I like both guys very much. They both made wonderful classics in my favourite genre. I like Dario just a little bit more...

14. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Argento by a mile. Fulci represents what I dislike in horror movies. Without gore, Fulci would be nothing. The only Fucli film I like is Zombie (I have a copy of City of the Living Dead here though, and from what I've seen it's a lot of fun). I never understood so-called "gorehounds", but I know that Argento uses gore to further a story (i.e. Deep Red).

15. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I'm a fan of both, but with a gun to my head I chose Dario just because I saw his work first.

16. satanservant

satanservant Guest

Had to choose Dario. His style was and is very unique but I love fulci as well for his slow torture shots and the gore.

17. Gothic Queen

Gothic Queen Guest

Argento vs Fulci

Dario's Susperia has stayed in my mind longer than most works by Fulci and who can compete with the atmosphere he created. My favorite scenes include the razor wire room and the "it's raining maggots" scene. Chillingly haunting...I love it. I even named my cat Dario

18. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Dario

19. I'd have to go with Fulci, as his films are a little more accessable than Argento's, in my opinion. If I'm watching an Argento film, I tend to try and dig too deep to find the hidden meaning.

20. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Dario of course.
    Fulci has great moments of course, but he is more of a craftsman than an artist. Argento is his best moments uses both to the maximum.