LUCKER THE NECROPHAGUS coming in May from Synapse

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Jeremy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Yeah, pretty shocked by Chaoster's comments, actually. There was a recent interview with someone from Sony where he talks about the releases, and he's asked what the fans can do to make sure the titles we want keep coming, his answer was simple: "Keep buying this stuff! I know it sounds crass, but that is truly the best way to keep the flow of classic titles coming—by letting them know there is a real demand for them." Never a truer word, what with some big labels going bust recently. I don't really understand how you can love cinema, but not care about the financial well-being of the business, especially when it comes to tiny enterprises like those doing things like Lurker.

And thank God for forums, because reports from one source should never be trusted.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Just purchased this from Xploited. Hopefully arrive early this coming week.

3. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

fail.

4. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

When SYNAPSE declared that they would not release TOUCH OF DEATH 'cause they couldn't track down decent film materials, I felt I could trust their products.

Now I am sceptical to say the least. And I own almost every release of them.

"Keep buying this stuff!" - what would some guy from a multinational company say? :D

I only buy the good stuff, sorry. I never had Image's VAMPYR - and I love the film. I will own the Criterion pretty soon though.

Of course, there will never be a CRITERION for LUCKER.

I'll be waiting for a review here to think thngs over...

Oh, what does "fail" - by itself - means? My knowledge of english is quite academic to understand these witty remarks. :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'm buying the R2 Masters of Cinema myself. :)

Tartan just went under. Another "multinational" huh. :rolleyes:

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented this the other night, and I'm not really sure what to think of it. I liked the grim atmosphere of the film...but it was so damned boring for the most part, even though the running time is relatively short.

7. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I don't get that remark. There are no changes in film stock in Profondo Rosso. It is mastered from one original negative. The changes are in the soundtrack - you get the italian one in the parts where an english one does not exist.

And we are talking about changes in film stock, not VHS stock which is quite weird when we are talkin' about DVD. When SYNAPSE said what's been said about TOUCH OF DEATH they meant "we don't do these things - other companies do, but not us". It seems that they do after all, and as a customer who has almost all their titles, I felt dissapointed.

Also - I don't own a tv. I only see dvd's in my home theater. The thought of a blown up VHS tape scares me.

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Fun movie with cool gore and great sound effects - love them. But the video quality, what the hell - such a shame, oh well.