Macabre

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Cujo108, Feb 21, 2003.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

"That boy" is one of the shining stars of Euro Horror! :p

2. I've also seen this great flick on video tape years ago , and i can remember the ending freaked me out. This little gem is defently going on my DVD wish list , i'm still amazed i don't have this one as yet. This movie really freaked me out as i read that this movie is indeed based on a true incident.

3. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

Bob!

well, i watched this last night as a suggestion and i guess it was better than that terrrible shark movie.

i was wondering what was in the fridge. then, i'm like it's the guys head. then i think no, it's something better than a head. maybe some crazy meat. and then the blind guy finally opens it up and....it's.....a.....head. i knew there was a head in there the whole time. o.k. it was a crazy head.

i did hate that little girl though. i'm going to give this director one more chance. my wife tells me i watched demons and enjoyed it but i'm not sure. something in a movie theater? anywho, i've got a few dvds from this guy i think and i'm only going to take one more sucky movie.

4. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I thought the film was above average with some awesome cinematography, that remembled Suspiria(I could swear some of the locations were the same). Wizzer asked me what year it was made. I told him the 80's. He said, "no way, this is from the '90's". I looked and it was released in 1980 so ha! I did notice an awful lot of product placements, and it became the running joke for the entire movie up until Wizzer fell asleep. :rolleyes: I did enjoy the final scene. And I screamed out loud twice during the movie. So, thumbs up for me!

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Did you know the story was written by Pupi Avati?

6. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Damn you DefJeff :mad:

I'm kidding. Anybody know what happened to Bob?

I think A Blade In the Dark is a good movie but my favorite movies by Lamberto Bava are Demons 1 and 2. Those movies are fun. Definetly a good time. My favorite actor in these movies is the guy who was the pimp in Demons and the workout instructor in part 2. He's the Italian horror version of Mr. T. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2004
  7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Tawny - Wizzer did not fall asleep, par se. That was simply a self-defense mechanism against bad movies. I had to abort my own self-defense mechanism by drinking a lot of coffee myself while trying to enjoy this one :D

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Your wife's not the only one who guessed it 30 minutes into the film. This film was one of the most depraved films I've ever seen. Not to say it was bad. It was actually quite good until the very end, which is one of the worst I've ever seen and almost ruins the whole film for me!

9. gojira69

gojira69 Guest

I just ordered the Anchor Bay disk off DeepDiscount where it is backed by a film called Blade in the Dark, neither of which I've seen, but at $7.79, can i loose?

BobB

10. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

hell no,
    "blade in the dark" is extremely violent and a grand ole' time

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have that same disc. I didn't enjoy Macabre very much, and the other film, while promising a lot, fell into the "okay" catagory. I'm in no rush to watch either again.

12. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Great film from : Lamberto Bava. My favourite from him this far, though I've only seen :

- A Blade in the Dark
    - Demons
    - Demons 2
    - Macabre

* I really want to see :

- Delirium (from him)

Looks pretty cool + it stars : Daria Nicolodi.

13. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Macabre is my favorite Bava movie!

14. gojira69

gojira69 Guest

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS!!! Don't read below unless you don't mind!!!

{NOTE: I could not figure out how to "whisper" in vB Code, so I formatted the text below to color black. Just highlight the text below to view!}

You're kidding us right? You're telling us your wife knew in the end the head would jump out of the bed and bite the blind guy? What is she, a prognosticator?

Unless you are telling us your wife knew the woman was making love to the disembodied head of her boyfriend... In that case, knowing "the end" as you refer to it is more or less implied beginning 17 minutes into the film and is directly shown a short time later as she returns the head to the freezer. There is nothing to guess about if that is what you are referring to; only a blind person :D wouldn't know that's whats up!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  15. Luna

Luna Guest

Just FYI, it's [ spoiler ] and close it with [ / spoiler ] , no spaces. :D

16. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Writing black ain't a bad idea either :D

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I do not believe the payoff for this film, built over 90 minutes, is intended to be that one, short sequence, do you? Also, guessing the end within a few momentgs of the film starting up, would ruin the film, whether you have to wait 90 minutges to have it spelled out, or have it explained at some other part of the film.

My various criticisms of the films stands after another viewing.

I'm often surprised at the attitude newbies want to bring to a site :rolleyes:

18. Luna

Luna Guest

Certainly! It's much better than using the old

asterisk routine and having to scroll past it quickly to avoid reading, which always, always fails. :D

19. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm not new and was confused as well. What "punch line" did she guess?

20. dwatts

dwatts New Member

What a sad little corner of the world this can be. :D