Madison County (2011)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mutilated Prey, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I just watched this movie for this first time tonight and thought it was actually pretty good for a lower budget film I had never really heard of. Rented it on a whim through Netflix and wasn't expecting much after many somewhat negative reviews. Most of what I read said "it had potential, started out good, but fell off quickly in the last half hour or so." I thought quite the opposite. Seemed like a decent set up, but nothing really happens for while. Once the killings begin I felt it made the rest of the move worthwhile. I'd check out a sequel. It's kinda like a Wrong Turn, Malevolence backwoods type of fun.

[​IMG]

2. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Totally agree. I just posted this as a recommendation in another thread (slasher suggestions). I enjoyed it. It didn't have anything too groundbrealing, but it was fun. Even though it was low budget I really thought that it was well-filmed with fair acting. It had some genuinely tense moments and creepy atmosphere. The killer had a little "motel hell" vibe going on with the mask, but that isn't a bad thing in my book. Overall I think most slasher fans would enjoy this flick!

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I thought it was incredibly bland and uninteresting, and I usually enjoy cheap backwoods slashers. It was just so by-the-numbers, and completely devoid of any suspense or fun.

If you're looking for something dumb, cheap, and entertaining, I'd suggest Carver or Blood Ranch instead. At least those movies had fun with the material.

4. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

That's funny, I just received the DVD in the mail yesterday. A blind buy while shopping on Amazon. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it this weekend.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Ha, I just watched Blood Ranch the other day too - not bad. Kinda like a cheap Devil's Rejects.