MANHUNTER (should-be classic)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Rock, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Atmims

Atmims Guest

It really is good and worth checking out.

2. Yowie

Yowie Hologram

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said. If we don't debate old movies here, then where do they go ?.

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

My question is, dwatts, who does the recognizing? AFI? What the hell do they know? You could go for the consensus BS, but when you go to something like imdb.com and look at the Top 250 movie list, you have all the "standards" up there, but IMO I think alot of what is considered classic (in the majority sense) comes from "herd mentality". Just because you have a large mass of people kow-towing at the feet of THE GODFATHER, doesn't mean that its a goddamn classic. You can't assume that crap, I'd say that DOCTOR GORE is more of a classic than the top five, simply because that's how I'd rather spend my time.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I do. ;)

5. mcchrist

Indeed.

6. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Jus' playin' around, McC :p . I'm not gonna discourage either debate or people posting in here. While I may have my own ideas as to what is and isn't a classic, I don't want to be too restrictive. In extreme cases however I will kick shit like Dracula 2000 out of here, and possibly ban anybody who tries to argue that it's a classic. ;)

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I dunno, I still think this movie sucks ass. ;)

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You mean to tell me IMDB would rather put crap like Seven and Deliverence (which I hate, btw) on the list and not even include Carrie, the best movie ever made??? Fuck them!!! :fire: :cry: :nervous: :bs:

9. mcchrist

Hey, its how the users vote, which indicates there are alot of dipshits who think they are movie buffs.

Take em behind the barn and plug em.

10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Again - I think we're talking two different things - this forum, and what is a "classic". for this forum, they are, as far as I can tell, old movies that have hung around.

As to what is really a "classic" - I could give a damn. Frankly, in the horror genre, RoseMary's Baby, Omen, Howling are all quite boring to me - but people insist they're great. Lately, 28 Days Later has been called a classic - and it's merely okay. A "classic" is a personal choice.

Again though - in this forum, I thought it was older films. Thye 80's were like - yesterday :)