Maniac Nurses Find Ecstasy

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by DEADCHRIST, Apr 22, 2007.

1. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

MANIAC NURSES
    Find Ecstasy

[​IMG]
    (Total piece of ass)

Greatest Troma film of all time? Probably not, but certainly way up there and should be mentioned in the same breath with other greats like Combat Shock and Blood Sucking Freaks... actually, it's very similar to the latter.

I sat there for a few minutes trying to digest what I just witnessed after finally watching this for the first time in it's entirety (I actually caught pieces of it without ever knowing it's name on the now defunct Network 1 and have been trying to track it down ever since).

There's a baby who was born with an Elvis tattoo. Some chick who's obsessed with comicbooks and has kinky sex with her mother. A legion of sex starved "nurses" who just go around killing and cannibalizing for shits and giggles. Some girl gets a spear jammed into her twat. Piss-poor over dubbed voices. A narrator who talks over 80% of the movie so that it plays out more like an 80 minute movie trailer instead of an actual film. I could go on and on... there's just so much bizarre shit going on throughout the entire movie that it boggles the mind, and apparently all of this is supposed to be taken dead seriously!

Probably what struck me as most appauling were the pitiful special effects, like when this chick is doing a tabledance infront of her fellow nurses, there's this lame superimposed spiral spinning around as if trying to hypnotise you. Also, random words like HITLER, STALLIN, GORE, BLOOD, even "GALIGULA" flashing on the screen while Sabrina reads her comic books... every fucking scene in the movie is just wrong and looks like garbage. This is definitely the type of movie that's so bad it's good. Nothing at all like modern Troma flicks that try to be shitty. Plus there's a plethora of super-hot chicks parading around in lingerie and skimpy nurse outfits during the entire movie.

I didn't want this movie to end. Those 80 some odd minutes flew by like 80 seconds. This could've been a 3 hour epic! I cannot recommend this one highly enough for those who like trash cinema and have yet to see this.

Below, I've rated the movie in a similar fashion to the way each nurse's kill totals and sadism levels are calculated during the film. I'm not making this shit up...

Tits: +++++
    Ass: ++++
    Beaver: ++
    Gore: ++++
    Plot: +++++
    Sleeze: +++++

Total: ++++

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I've always wondered about this flick, but after reading your review I must SEEEE ITTTT NOWWWW!

3. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

a movie's gotta be pretty fucking good/bad to compel me to write out a review... I suck at being a critic anyways.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Love the ratings! :lol:

I think this was one that wasn't originally a Troma film, right?

5. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

I need to watch this too.

6. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

Right, apparently it was made in Hungary so that means all the chicks are Hungarian and smoking hot which makes it that much better. I don't know, maybe most of you won't like it as much as I did because there's a bit of a nostalgia factor in there for me, but it's definitely a screwy movie that has to be seen to be believed.