Manos.... in HD?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by MorallySound, Nov 29, 2011.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Awesome. I bought each of the shirts and a pin to help contribute. I'm not too sure I want a lot of restoration work done to it. Some of the wobble and stuff like that they should be fix but many of the scratches and such is all part of the fun to me. Why put lipstick on a pig you know? I'm just afraid they're "restore" it too much and we'll get a DNR/EE Sharpened mess.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

The real Debbie is selling a Manos shirt designed by the real Master.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230917303870

I'll pick up a couple, sounds more reasonable then the deal they were working through the Restoration.

3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

From Facebook:

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Awesome. Totally awesome. :)

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

:banana:

6. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=769970239697650&id=193094600718553&stream_ref=1

7. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

This is real frustrating... in a few days it will have been 2 years since the project was funded and many months since the estimated delivery date. At this point, they shouldn't be worrying about a bunch of pointless extras, just focus on getting the restored movie on pressed BDs and then send them to the backers ASAP! ffs...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  8. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Where is the change.org petition? I wanted to read it to see what exactly they were petitioning for but can't seem to find it searching google or the change.org site...

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Posted by Ben Solovey as a Kickstarter update on December 12th of last year:

I added the underline to the relevant portion.

So Synapse claims they only have the master (pardon the pun) and the commentary track but not anything else, while Solovey seems to claim they have everything they need. Who's telling the truth?

10. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....omment_id=87949549&offset=0&total_comments=15

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'm rather tired of the Ballyhoo "documentaries" which amount to little more than fluff pieces with seemingly 10 hours of filler footage made up of movie clips and scrolling theatrical text. It's frustrating to hear that the delay is caused by such dead weight.

Oh well, at least "Manos" The Hands of Felt Kickstarter investors like myself were able to get their hard copies by now. There's one group who knew how to deliver!

12. zbinks

13. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I still don't know why Synapse is bothering releasing this on blu-ray. Aren't there a million better titles they could be spending their time on?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  14. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I really hope this isn't a "Synapse" release in that it is going to have their name/logo on it because it is a crowd funded restoration, as far as I'm aware Synapse just helped get it authored and pressed. But why are they doing anything with it? Well, I'd venture a guess that it has something to do with the movie having a cult following, like a lot of the titles they release. That and/or maybe the guys at Synapse like the movie... I'm also told that Synapse controls the VOD rights to the restoration, so maybe they offered to help in exchange for that. Of all the labels to release or have something to do with this, Synapse is not a very surprising one.

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

It is, and will be, a Synapse release. The folks who did the Manos Kickstarter approached Synapse to help them with the restoration and get it out there, so they worked out a licensing agreement together - so Synapse has VOD, Blu-ray, and DVD rights. So all the Kickstarter backers will get the Synapse disc ahead of the release date.

Confirmation in these articles/posts: http://www.fangoria.com/new/synapse-films-blu-ray-update-phenomena-manos-etc/

https://www.facebook.com/ManosinHD/...7785723261562/613648342008630/?type=1&fref=nf

16. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Damn. I was already sorry for backing this because of the incredibly long delay but now the long overdue realization that I backed something that was ultimately to become a release from an established label that I can't imagine couldn't have done this on their own without crowdfunding makes it all the more regrettable. Thanks a lot for pointing that out for me! lol

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    The October 2015 issue of Playboy did a timely article on The Battle Over the Worst Movie Ever, talking about the restoration, Hal Warren's son's attempt to squash the restoration and the Neymans' (original Master/Debbie) merchandise and their sequel.

And they also talk about what happened with the now unfinished Warren sequel:
    http://www.playboy.com/articles/the-battle-over-the-worst-movie-ever

Sounds like this sequel was shaping up to be even MORE bizarre than the original! Hopefully the captured footage will someday see the light of day.

But apparently the Neymans' sequel is still in the works, Manos Returns, with a Kickstarter expected to start in October, though you can buy a t-shirt from now until October 1st. Will be curious to see what happens after Oct. 1st...

18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

19. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Currently watching the restored version on BD and wow, holy shit, never could I ever imagine that this movie would look / sound as good as it does! Hell of a restoration job!

20. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

This guy spliced in the new transfer into the episode, and uploaded it in 4K!
    This should have been on the Blu-Ray, as it's the only way to watch the movie, without wanting to cut the wrists :D

X-human and Workshed like this.