Mario Bava and his films.

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by vampyr789, Aug 26, 2009.

1. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I'm going through the list of films featured in the GOING TO PIECES doc and TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE is the only film that I'm having a problem obtaining/viewing for a reasonable price. It's credited as one the first slashers so I feel it's important that I track it down, but I'm not interested in paying $20+. Euro horror has been really hit and miss for me so far. Anyone know a a cheap or free way to see this film? thanks

2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Check this for the blu:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bay-Blood-B...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1285263727&sr=8-1

The best version, for now, is in the boxset. If you're patient enough, it'll get a standalone release fer sjurr.

In R2 land there are more versions/ options but with import prices you probably won't get it under $20.

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah get the Mario Bava Collection Vol. 2. It can be picked up for $24 and you'll get 6 other Bava films with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure for the past few years Deep Discount has had a Halloween sale with this part of it, usually buy 1 get one free. So chances are you can get both Bava sets for like $25.

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Five Dolls For an August Moon and Kidnapped are now available for instant viewing on Netflix.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

No classic but when you work your way through his horror pics then KNIVES OF THE AVENGER is a fun sword and scandals sort of flick.Cameron Mitchell (from BLOOD AND BLACK LACE )stars.Mirchell was in a lot of classic Hollywood flicks but also did lots of horror pictures.He loved Bava,really sang his praises.