Masters of Dipping

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 26, 2007.

?

A Masters of Horror box set comes out soon...

Poll closed Jul 26, 2007.
  1. I held off buying the single releases to buy this.

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. I have some of the single releases and I'll upgrade.

6 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. I have all the single releases and I'm still upgrading.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. I have all the single releases so I won't be upgrading.

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. I have some of the single releases and that's enough.

28 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. I like the show, but have no interest in owning episodes.

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  7. Don't care for the show, or the box set, at all.

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Now that the MASTERS OF HORROR first season will be released as a box set for 80 bones come this August 28th, will you finally bite the bullet and buy it? Will you upgrade? Will you ignore? What's your stance?

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I have some of the single releases and that's enough.

I'm glad the episodes were issued individually first. I've only bought four episodes from the first season and may pick up one other. In my opinion, the remaining episodes ranged from mediocre to awful. It would be a waste of money for me to buy the season set.

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have some of the single releases and that's enough. The many episodes that sucked really, really sucked, and I don't need to have them. I don't want to have them. I wish I could unsee them so I could forgive the directors. Imprint and Chocolate and Homecoming and The Screwfly Solution and Pro-Life and Dance of the Dead and the other lame ones at casa onebyone? Don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  4. Noto

Noto Guest

Rhett's gonna buy me my copy.

5. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I gotta agree on Imprints suckiness. I love Takashi Miike's films for the most part. But with all the hype surrounding that episode it sure didn't deliver. Miike should stick to directing in Japanese. He clearly can't tell what lousy English acting is.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

"I held off buying the single releases to buy this."

Blu-ray for me, if the price is right.

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm happy with what I have and what I paid for it. Even if it ends up being more than what the box costs, it was $7 here, $5 there. At least two of the episodes are absolute stinkers, and several more are just OK (I didn't hate Imprint like a lot of you, but it's an average episode at best). I only consider four to be "must-haves".

Not getting a warm feeling about the second season, so I will continue to hand-pick the episodes for my collection. No use cluttering up space with box sets of episodes I'll never watch more than once. I hope the single episode releases keep coming.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Have them all on dvdr's so that's probably good enough for me.
    I do have a dub of Cigarette Burns and recently got the real discs for Incident and Chocolate as they were $1.99 at Gamestop, with perfect condition slipcases and cards inside. Only got Chocolate cuz it was free as the only 3rd disc I could find for the buy 2 get 1 free offer.
    That packaging does look sweet so if I see it for really cheap (I'm thinking $25 or less) I'd get it, $50< is too much.

9. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I have three episodes, don't think I'll buy any more. I am severely disappointed that this show never managed to live up to its potential. I mean, this could - SHOULD - have been the greatest TV series of all time! Considering the talent behind it! It's really frustrating that it never went beyond semi-greatness.

10. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'll probably pick up the box set.

11. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

If I can get the boxed set for a pretty cheap price, I will pick it up. The only one I've bought was Jennifer, but I sold it knowing there was a boxed set coming out. I enjoyed most of Season One but haven't seen any episodes in the new season.

12. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I will buy it when the price drops. It's still way to high for 13 episodes.

13. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

I initially held off on buying them in anticipaton of the boxed set (and you had to know they would release one), but I'll probably pass on it anyway. Unless I can come by one dirt cheap... like under $30... maybe more like $20... I can probably live without it.

Most of the reviews of the series I've come across are negative enough to keep me away from it.

14. rp108

rp108 Guest

Same here but I don't care about the price unless its something ridiculous like $200.

15. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I bought most of the episodes I liked, and really don't care to own the ones I don't. There's a couple I like that I still need to pick up, but I'm really not interested in owning the box.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

"I have some of the single releases and that's enough."

I own the episodes that I truly wanted to own, and that's it. If I saw the box set for an extremely cheap price, then I'd perhaps reconsider.

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I held off buying the single releases to buy this.

18. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I haven't seen a one, and was glad when the box set was announced, but now I'm reading that some of 'em ain't that great. I've avoided MoH threads to avoid spoilers, but is there a thread where the clear S1 winners were agreed upon?

19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Do a search on Masters Of Horror, and you'll find a few spoiler-free threads. There's a "rate the episodes", and a "top 5 episodes" thread. I guess you'd have to go by the opinions of the people here you agree with.

My recommendations: Must own: Incident on and Off a Mountain Road, Dreams in the Witch House, Cigarette Burns, Deer Woman.
    Buy only if you're a Argento and Miike fan: Jenifer, Imprint, Pelts (season 2).
    Avoid at all costs: Sick Girl, Homecoming.
    Haeckels Tale and Fair Haired Child were good outings, but it's not like you're missing something if you don't own them.
    I have yet to see Dance of the Dead, Chocolate, and Pick Me Up from season 1, and all of season 2 except for Pelts.

20. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I will do a search over lunch, and thanks for the must-own suggestions, Paff. I hate "wasting" a Netflix rental on an hour-long episode, but they've begun to offer a few as Ready-to-View on the site with a subscription. Meaning, you can just go to Netflix and watch a Masters of Horror episode on-site. I've yet to do it--a co-worker is borrowing "my" laptop--but it might be a good work-around.