May

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by RyanPC, Sep 28, 2003.

1. The point was that in her own messed up little mind, she sacrificed her eye for this friend, and it came alive and comforted her...which was all she wanted. It didn't actually come alive, but she believed it did.

I condidered it one of the best films of the past couple of years. Lions Gate dropped the ball by not releasing this big, it could have at least made a small hit (at least as much $$$ as Cabin Fever made)

the fact that it's not on Gorezone.net's top horror of 2003 list sickens me...

2. Can I just tell ya how much I loved this friggin' movie?!?!?

I remember seeing a trailer on some Lion's Gate DVD a million years ago. DVR'd this off of IFC (it was sitting in my hard drive since New Years) and I gotta tell ya, talk about original, somber, yet comedic (in a dark sort of way) horror flick! This movie had it all...including a very desirable lesbo Ana Farris. Who would think she could be so sexy (she's such a dork in the Scary Movie flicks).

May's transformation at the end...
    when she was walking around in the doll costume she made with body parts in a cooler
    ...would be an awesome costume for ANY girl on Halloween. I fell in love with her...pittied her, yet HATED her for fuckin' up the way she did with Adam (the love interest).

I was gonna buy the DVD, but it seems kinda bare bones don't it? Just a couple of commentaries & "chapter stops" for a special edition?!?! Hmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2006
  3. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Love this movie. I tried watching it with some friends and they didn't really take to it. They loved Haute Tension, though ...

I have the German DVD and I think it's a good one .. haven't watched any of the extra features, though. Come to think of it, I haven't watched the extra features of more than half of my DVDs ...

4. Recently, I've been making a habit of doing EVERYTHING on a DVD before I move on to the next disc. It can be tedious and time consuming, but I have the slight luxury of being able to see movies & listen to audio commentaries at work :)

5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Twisted film, not typically one I enjoy in that it lacks supernatural horror. But great performances all around and some generally creepy scenes. Wow, good stuff.

Also, Anna Faris. Anna. Faris.

6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Yeah this is probably the only gothy horror film (Donnie Darko, Ginger Snaps etc) I could tolerate. Well done.

7. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Hehe, what a great job! :D

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

You know, I often dream of doing this - just not gotten around to it yet. Extras are really there is immerse you a little more in the making of a film - and yet I don't give them enough time, either skimming them or watching them while paying scant attention. I applaud your work here ;)