Media Blasters urge you not to Scream or Riot over delays

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

By rhett on May 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sad news for slasher fans, as Media Blaster's upcoming DVD treatment of one of the worst slasher movies ever made, 1981's SCREAM, has been indefinitely postponed. The same goes for their RIOT ON 42ND STREET and RAREFLIX sets (Vol. 5 & 6). Production Supervisor Richard York says the "originally announced release dates are now null" and "to the best of my knowledge, these titles will come out at a later date but those dates have yet to be set by sales and management." It sounds like more than a delay...these titles, and future Media Blasters product seem to be in limbo. This news just following their noteworthy release of the jam packed DVD of PSYCHOS IN LOVE.

Another product of the recession? Say it ain't so. Hopefully these do see the light of day, for at the very least people deserve to at least see the inexplicable SCREAM ending at least once in a digital format.

More updates as they transpire...

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

1. unstoppable
      unstoppable
      I just got done watching Scream, The Outing, and it really sucked. No value whatsoever. Please dont release it. There are so many deserving movies waiting for a release.
    2. captain_brandon
      captain_brandon
      Great list. I'm also a Slasher & Giallo completeist, and I'll be pickin' it up as well IF & when it ever streets over here in North America. I'll leave it on as background noise to see if it's truely the shithouse flick many make it out to be. It would appear that it is (sadly) so.

I'm an off-related note, as you mentioned, you all can count me in as someone who's DYING to finally see Killer Workout two others mentioned up to.
    3. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Opinions, opinions. :rolleyes: The Outing has a loyal cult following, and if Media Blasters or Code Red were to release it...I'd personally buy two copies.
    4. Kim Bruun
      Kim Bruun
      Killer Workout is awesome! Sure, suspense is not its forte, but if you like slashers and you like the eighties, you will like Killer Workout.

I have the barebones R2. If it does get a proper release, I'm really hoping that the soundtrack will be on a separate cd - that alone would be worth the price of an upgrade! :)
    5. CrazyFatEthel
      CrazyFatEthel
      I just checked their website and they say Scream may be coming out June 29th
    6. Kim Bruun
      Kim Bruun
      Yeah, I've noticed that the amazon page still has it listed as being released June 30. So is it cancelled or isn't it?
    7. Devo1313
      Devo1313
      I'm convinced Code Red and Media Blasters needs to join forces and double the efforts to get all these drive in/grindhouse titles out. With BCI/Eclipse gone we have to have something. I heard Mill Creek seems to be taking an interest in this area so I'm eager to see what becomes from this.
    8. fceurich39
      fceurich39
      is scream on dvd out or not today
    9. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Well, the Amazon tag changed to "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks." which I'm assumimg means they have not gotten any copies yet and they have no idea what's going on.
    10. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
    11. donmuggins
      donmuggins
      scream is a generic movie
    12. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Amazon put up a note this week saying "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer". Ova.
    13. sumo8675309
      sumo8675309
      a little off topic...but does anyone know how to contact media blasters concerning a faulty dvd? ive bought blood feast 2 and it freezes right twards the end and ive been trying to reach them for a month or so
    14. old-boo-radley
      old-boo-radley
      My Flesh Eater disc did the same thing. I tried contacting them and nothing. This is why I only buy their triple packs usually because if one is fucked up, it's still a good deal.
    15. CrazyFatEthel
      CrazyFatEthel
      I REALLY want to see Scream.
    16. Shlockjock81
      Shlockjock81
      You'll be sorely disappointed lol. It doesn't even remotely come near "classic status". 7th graders with a camcorder could make a more entertaining film.

Be warned!
    17. DVDBone
      DVDBone
      Media Blasters has put Scream back on their release schedule. I don't recall the exact date but it's sometime in December (12/29 perhaps). It's about time! Hopefully they will actually stick to this date. I'm still confused as to why some new Code Red titles are being released by Media Blasters since BCI/Navarre is their normal distributor.
    18. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Great news - I was starting to get a little worried about this one.
    19. Vlachio
      Vlachio
      Scream sucks ass they should burn the negatives seriously! :eek2:
    20. CrazyFatEthel
      CrazyFatEthel
      I dont care if it sucks, that doesnt mean I dont want to see it!!!:banana: