Media Blasters urge you not to Scream or Riot over delays

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

By rhett on May 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sad news for slasher fans, as Media Blaster's upcoming DVD treatment of one of the worst slasher movies ever made, 1981's SCREAM, has been indefinitely postponed. The same goes for their RIOT ON 42ND STREET and RAREFLIX sets (Vol. 5 & 6). Production Supervisor Richard York says the "originally announced release dates are now null" and "to the best of my knowledge, these titles will come out at a later date but those dates have yet to be set by sales and management." It sounds like more than a delay...these titles, and future Media Blasters product seem to be in limbo. This news just following their noteworthy release of the jam packed DVD of PSYCHOS IN LOVE.

Another product of the recession? Say it ain't so. Hopefully these do see the light of day, for at the very least people deserve to at least see the inexplicable SCREAM ending at least once in a digital format.

More updates as they transpire...

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

1. DVDBone
      DVDBone
      More bad news ... Media Blasters just announced that Scream is postponed again. The new tentative street date is now sometime in February 2010. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.
    2. Vlachio
      Vlachio
      Oh OK my bad! I forgot your an expert at sucking. I'll buy you some knee pads fruit loop. :gay:
    3. MaxRenn
      MaxRenn
      I'm a little late but......

http://www.media-blasters.com/info.html

I e-mailed them (info@media-blasters.com) about replacing the Frightmare disk which froze up and they replied promptly and sent me a new one (after I sent them the defective disk).
    4. old-boo-radley
      old-boo-radley
      I e-mailed them and got nothing on my Flesh Eater disc, so that was the last SS title I bought not in a 3/4 pack. At least if they fuck me around on those, I can live with it. Not when I pay $15 for a title.
    5. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Where are you seeing this? DVDPacific and CD Universe still have it listed as 12/29/09 and Media Blasters website appears to be down - at least from the main page.
    6. Cujo108
      Cujo108
      I preordered this at DVDPacific and they still have it listed as coming out December 29th. Not cool if it's delayed again.
    7. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's been delayed yet again. Media Blasters release dates have always been like a constipation pill, you just keep on waiting. :eek1:
    8. DVDBone
      DVDBone
      It's straight from Media Blasters. They sent out a notice the other day to all of their distributors/direct retail partners that it's been pulled along with a selection of other titles.
    9. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Those jerk-offs. Why I otta!
    10. FilmFiend
      FilmFiend
      I guess we won't be seeing this after all.
    11. KamuiX
      KamuiX
      Any word on what other titles have been pulled?
    12. Nailwraps
    13. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      This is supposed to be released today. Anyone get a notification of it coming? DVDPacific's site says they are closed for 48 hrs due to some reconstruction.
    14. Body Boy
      Body Boy
    15. hellraiser40
      hellraiser40
      i got Riot before the DVD Pacific site closure
    16. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Everywhere else I look says release date is 2/16/2010.

DVDPacific picked a great time to have issues...

Hello,

We hope to be back up and running by the end of the week.

Regards,
      Jessica

www.dvdpacific.com
    17. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      I pre-ordered it from BestBuy.com for $7.50 during their big Media Blasters sale. I haven't received a shipping notification yet, and the website now says backordered: arrives within 1-2 weeks.
    18. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Same here. It definitely didn't come out anywhere today. Amazon has it listed as "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."

You can't count on Media Blasters for jackshit. They cancelled the Rareflix set I had pre-ordered too.
    19. DVDBone
      DVDBone
      I don't think it's cancelled. Media Blasters is just running 2-3 weeks behind schedule on most of their releases (like Bad Biology a few weeks back).
    20. Vlachio
      Vlachio

....fuck them in the ass & make them humble."