Media Blasters urge you not to Scream or Riot over delays

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

By rhett on May 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sad news for slasher fans, as Media Blaster's upcoming DVD treatment of one of the worst slasher movies ever made, 1981's SCREAM, has been indefinitely postponed. The same goes for their RIOT ON 42ND STREET and RAREFLIX sets (Vol. 5 & 6). Production Supervisor Richard York says the "originally announced release dates are now null" and "to the best of my knowledge, these titles will come out at a later date but those dates have yet to be set by sales and management." It sounds like more than a delay...these titles, and future Media Blasters product seem to be in limbo. This news just following their noteworthy release of the jam packed DVD of PSYCHOS IN LOVE.

Another product of the recession? Say it ain't so. Hopefully these do see the light of day, for at the very least people deserve to at least see the inexplicable SCREAM ending at least once in a digital format.

More updates as they transpire...

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

1. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      I pre-ordered Bad Biology for $7.50 at bestbuy.com and received it a day before the release date.

But you are right that both Media Blasters and Code Red often run behind a few weeks.

I did receive an e-mail from Best Buy a few hours ago. It said: Your item is backordered. The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available.
    2. Wez4555
      Wez4555
      lol. damnit bring it out already!
    3. DVDBone
      DVDBone
      New update ... Media Blaters will now be shipping this title out to retailers/distributors the week of 3/1. So it should be available within the next couple weeks. Finally ...
    4. Nailwraps
    5. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      As long as it's coming. Media Blasters and Release Dates are more like Magnetic Repulsion.
    6. MadmanMarz
      MadmanMarz
      Source? :p
    7. Nailwraps
    8. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      Nice!

And for anyone wondering what the cover would have looked like without the blood and extra add-ons, here's the original vision:

[​IMG]

Would have been nice just...not to make that bored. But whatever. Yay DVD!
    9. The Chaostar
    10. Bluenoser
      Bluenoser
    11. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Yup, just saw that. Buy.com and BestBuy have it available too. I just wanna find out if DVDPacific is gonna end up shipping mine :confused:
    12. Dobby
      Dobby
      :lol: sorry that cracks me up lol
    13. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Edit: my order shipped from Best Buy this morning.

$7.50 for the DVD pre-ordered on that old sale was a sweet deal!
      Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    14. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      I also finally received shipping confirmation from Best Buy today.

It's a terrible movie, but for $7.50 I couldn't resist!
    15. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Cool, glad yours shipped out also. Did you also pre-order it when they offered .99 cents shipping deal per item? With tax, it looks like it shipped for just $8.85 total ($7.50 + .99 shipping + .36 tax) in my account under the order details.
    16. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      Mine ended up at $6.62. I have free shipping with my Reward Zone status, and I also used a $5 reward zone certificate, which was divided among four DVDs (all part of the sale, $7.50 each, including a pre-order for Bad Biology). Bad Biology showed up as $6.63.

Amazing deal, considering these are going for $19.49 and $19.99 on amazon!
    17. Bluenoser
      Bluenoser
      I may have jumped the gun before Amazon got a chance to adjust the price, but...

Scream had gone out of stock for a day or so, and was put back up today at $17.99... $2 cheaper than it was a few days ago. I checked my order and the price hadn't been adjusted, so I canceled my order and placed a new one at the reduced price. I thought amazon automatically adjusted the price on your order if it hadn't shipped out yet?
    18. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      And now Amazon is back to not selling it again. :confused:
    19. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      Only on pre-orders until the end of the day of the release date.
    20. Bluenoser
      Bluenoser
      Ohhh ok, my bad. Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, I just canceled and re-ordered, so I saved the $2 anyway.