Media Blasters urge you not to Scream or Riot over delays

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

By rhett on May 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sad news for slasher fans, as Media Blaster's upcoming DVD treatment of one of the worst slasher movies ever made, 1981's SCREAM, has been indefinitely postponed. The same goes for their RIOT ON 42ND STREET and RAREFLIX sets (Vol. 5 & 6). Production Supervisor Richard York says the "originally announced release dates are now null" and "to the best of my knowledge, these titles will come out at a later date but those dates have yet to be set by sales and management." It sounds like more than a delay...these titles, and future Media Blasters product seem to be in limbo. This news just following their noteworthy release of the jam packed DVD of PSYCHOS IN LOVE.

Another product of the recession? Say it ain't so. Hopefully these do see the light of day, for at the very least people deserve to at least see the inexplicable SCREAM ending at least once in a digital format.

More updates as they transpire...

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 19, 2009.

1. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      I bagged my DVDPacific pre-order and went with Buy.com for $12.99. Added Terror Factor and got free shipping.
    2. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      My DVD arrived today! :banana:
    3. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      My DVD arrived today too! :)
    4. Bluenoser
      Bluenoser
      Very jealous. Amazon doesn't even have a shipping estimate on my order...
    5. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Got through watching the DVD earlier. I haven't seen the film in many years, and that was on a faded VHS rental. The transfer probably looks as good as it's gonna. Quite grainy and with some minor print damage throughout, and of course very dark as the film has always looked in those night shots.

The commentary is interesting but drags at times...kind of like the film itself. The ending still makes little sense to me, even after hearing the director's description of what it's supposed to imply.

Quisenberry only directed one other film 23 years later called Big Chuck, Little Chuck ...which I actually own on DVD (it cost a whopping $1) and still need to watch.
    6. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Mine just shipped from Buy.com. :D
    7. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Got mine in the mail today from Buy.com - phew, that was one long journey!
    8. rhett
      rhett
    9. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      Nice review - I think you nailed it. I left my thoughts in that thread. I don't love the movie by any means, but it definitely deserves a spot on the shelf and will be watched more than once :D
    10. rhett
      rhett
      I think I want the last lines of that movie put on my tombstone when I turn over. It's the only way.
    11. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      I wonder...is this film worse than "The Landlady (1998)"? Because if so, I may have to explode on spot.
    12. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      Did anyone here buy the RareFlix Triple Feature with Molly And The Ghost? Have never since it before, but blind-bought the set based on Molly being in Nightmare USA and just received it today.

Is the movie any good? And how are the other films in the set, The Killer Likes Candy and Run Like Hell?
    13. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Yeah I bought it a long time ago really cheap... like $3 new for the entire set.

Molly and the Ghost is actually pretty entertaining trash. It's very amateurish and has that early 90's SOV feel to it.

I sold The Killer Likes Candy without even opening it, so I don't know about that one.

Run Like Hell was terrible though. Zero budget, and boring. I don't remember too much about it...except that it was really lame. I gave the DVD away right after.
    14. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      That's not a bad idea (selling the others), since I bought it solely for Molly And The Ghost. The others didn't look interesting at all, I was just curious if they were worthwhile.

I got mine for dirt cheap as well, $2.41+shipping from shawnek on Amazon. I think that seller has something to do with Media Blasters, since most of their inventory is anime and brand new Media Blasters titles. I bought the Flesh Eater and Devil Dog blu-rays from them for similar prices a long time ago.
    15. Steel76
      Steel76
      Is Media Blasters still alive?
    16. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      If they are, their pulse must be very weak.