Men behind the sun SE

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Spacevis, Jun 29, 2004.

1. SCHRAMM

SCHRAMM Guest

i bought the japan shock-stuff at the VENAL VIRULENT-videostore in HAMBURG /GERMANY.

2. Ichi

Ichi Guest

Well, since Absurd shippes from Denmark, Im getting mine perdy fast... moha! Its times like these I love living in Norway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2004
  3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Damn that's the only time you love living there? It must suck living there unless you buy a lot of dvds that are shipped to you from nearby. :D

4. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

I got mine from chainsaw video in Holland. I think they ship worldwide. Their site hasn't been updated for ages, but they have it in stock and they work pretty fast.

5. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

now now, that's not true. Their site clearly states ...

6. Ichi

Ichi Guest

I didnt say the ONLY thing. Still Norway, or Stavanger (the city I live in) is a crappy place to live in.

7. h8sh8

h8sh8 Guest

Anyone who got this - what is the doco like? I already have the first japan-shock release so just trying to work out if it's worth it - I'm more interested in the subject of the movie, not the gore, so are hoping it's a good doco - is this new one just the same first disc, but now with the extra second disc?
    thanks in advance

8. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang is a good book to start with. Keep in mind that she does not speak read or write Japanese so while some of her numbers have proven to be false, due to faulty research becuase of the lack of language skills, the overall subject matter is accurate.

9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang is a good book to start with. Keep in mind that she does not speak read or write Japanese so while some of her numbers have proven to be false, due to faulty research because of the lack of language skills, the overall subject matter is accurate.

10. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Just to follow-up on the above post. Iris Chang was found dead today in her car... self inflicted gun shot.

11. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Father Christmas brought me this double-disc set and I decided to give it a whirl last night.

As I posted, oh, many years ago, this movie was showing at an all-night video show during a 3 day Fantasy Film Festival I attended in the UK back in '91. I fell asleep and kept waking up during MBTS. Funny thing was, I'd always wake just at the moment something nasty was being shown. I woke at one point during the cat scene....this scene hid away in my subconscious for a full 10 years...I only remembered it when the DVD was originally announced. Disturbing stuff indeed.

Watching it all the way through for the first time last night, I found the film very powerful. I felt real sympathy for the mute boy. Terrible, terrible goings on.

I've mentioned this before but I highly recommend this article:

http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/9901/offscreen_columns/ManBehind1.html

It's an excellent interview and well worth a read. In fact, I'm off to read it again now...