***MERGED - Freddy vs. Jason-discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by r_burgos2003, Aug 13, 2003.

1. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Little info on F v. J from the Daily News (8/13/03)

From the NY Daily News, Page 38 in the entertainment section:

They were never dead. You can't kill a movie franchise. That's why "Freddy vs. Jason" a matchup of two horror icons opens Friday. Let the gruesome killing begin. "People [will] come to see thses two monsters fight it out" says director Ronny Yu, whose gorefest "Bride of Chucky" (1998) featured a homicidal doll. "All I need to do is set up a ring and put these two monsters in." In one corner is Jason Voorhees, the mute zombie with a machete who hacked his way through 127 victims in the "Friday the 13th" series. In the other is Freddy Krueger, who has a mere 30 slicings to his credit over the seven "Nightmare on Elm Street" films. His advantage is creativity-he arrives in dreams. "Jason makes a great straight man for Freddy, who's all mouth," says Ken Kirzinger, who plays Jason for the first time. Most critics had shoveled dirt on both franchises. In 2001, "Jason X" grossed less than a third of the $40 million made by 1980's first installment. The most recent "Nightmare," in 1994, took in $18 million in the U.S., that series' lowest take. But, says Robert, who wears Freddy's latex burn makeup, fans keep asking him if "he could kick Jason's a--. The fans have combined these two in their fantasies." Monster mishmashes have worked before. In 1931, Universal put Bela Lugosi's "Dracula" and Boris Karloff's "Frankenstein" on a double bill. Twelve years later, ut released "Frankenstein meets the Wolfman." and "Freddy vs. Jason's" last scene pays homage to 1962's "King Kong vs. Godzilla." Expect other combination platters soon. A battle of sci-fi franchises, "Alien vs. Predator" is schedueled for May. "Van Hesling," due next summer, is going one better: The Hugh Jackman movie unearths Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman

2. drown021

drown021 Guest

I have 5 bucks that says Freddy can and will kick Jasons ass.:fire:

3. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

2 days....we'll know for sure...unless there is an alternate version on the dvd. Wouldn't that be cool? Through seemless branching, you can choose a random ending.

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

well on E! news, Englund did mention that a different ending was filmed specifically for the DVD.

5. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

I knew it. On Entertainment Tonight last night he says...(Not sure if this is a spoiler but I doubt it)
    Freddy keeps 'flicking' but he takes a beating

6. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Pretty cool. Tomorrow!!!!

7. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Well today is the day. Let's hope that it's the fight of the cinema-century!

8. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Freddy vs. Jason-ARROW IN THE HEAD REVIEW!! (##POSSIBLE SPOILERS?##)

Ok, check it out. I am so ampted for this one tonight! (If all goes well)

Here is the review

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2003
  9. Ash

Ash New Member

Looks great. I'm going to the matinee today.

10. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

7:20 eastern. What about you?

11. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i probably have to wait until next week sometime. :cry:

12. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

CG?! Fuck!!!!!

13. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

there should be a very strict spoiler rule about this movie here. If you post the ending without fair warning...BAN! or at least until i get to see it, anyway.

14. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Like you couldn't tell there was CG from the trailer? :eek2:

15. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

tv spot was barely anything. And I don't think there's a spoiler because if I knew that, then I wouldn't have posted it. I want to see who wins!

16. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

there's no spoiler, no worries. I was just wishing i had the power/authority to ban people who ruin it for me, is all :D

17. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Same here. Been waiting for years! Everyone kept saying "This year you'll see it" and that was since 1993!

18. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

So you were five when you heard about it? :eek2:

It was way before 1993 that I remember talk of a possible JvF movie.

19. Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer New Member

Huh, didn't you say you were 15?

By my math, in 1993, you were 5 years old and I'd venture to say you were not watching Freddy or Jason.

20. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I am so getting this DVD :)