***MERGED - Freddy vs. Jason-discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by r_burgos2003, Aug 13, 2003.

1. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

I'm sorry, but I thought Jason was great. Kane Hodder wasn't my favorite Jason, but he had some great mannerisms that this new Jason (forgot his name) managed to stick with. I love the fact that the hockey mask wasn't embedded in his face, that bugged me in Jason goes to hell I didn't think he was skinny either, he looked pretty big to me, definitely dwarfed Freddy. I was pleased with the way he moved too, he reminded of Michael Meyers, very menacing. Sure, he wasn't EXACTLY like every other Jason, but I liked him just fine.
    I think you need to loosen up, it was a fun movie, and I HOPE Jason makes it to at least one more sequel.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2003
  2. marcx

marcx New Member

REvoltor-the subplot with the father actually reminded of the original nightmare--Freddy gets nancy's mother in the bed and her father is trying to save her-very similar to what happened here. Also I watched nightmare 3 the otherday--I hadn't realized that it was the same institution--that is soo cool!!!

I think they really showed respect to the franchises with this one...

3. Dunwich

Dunwich Guest

I've gone see it yesterday night with friends and we add a blast!!! I totally enjoy it :)

about Katherine Isabelle boobs : I also imediatly think it was a body double... will be sure when seeing the DVD that I will definitively buy on the release date ;)

Now that New Line own both franchise and that they have put them both in a single movie I have the feeling they'll have some difficulties putting them back in their own franchise for a part 8 (Freddy) or a part 11(Jason) anyone think we will now see a Freddy vs Jason part 2?

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Yeah, but you're not human. :D

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

It's not hip enough to do that. That would rule, though!

6. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

They're called hookahs. They're great. :D

7. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

I saw it tonight and thought it KICKED ASS!!! :banana: :banana:

I had alot of fun watching it. It's definitely the best horror movie I saw this year just after 28 DAYS LATER.

8. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Anyone read the capalert.com "review"? It earned a ZERO! Ha!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

I never did figurethat out, what was the deal with the hockey mask being embedded in Jason's face in part 9?

10. dayglo

dayglo Member

I would think they wanted it to seem like the toxic waste in VIII caused it to fuse into his face. Aside from KNB's artistic license, I can't think of any other reason why.

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yet I read somewher that Jason Goes To Hell and Part VIII were both seperate sequels to Part 7, thus kind of explaining how he was back at Crystal Lake again. Probably not true though.

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It may not be the truth, but I don't see how in hell anyone could rationalize the continuity of the latter Fridays otherwise. I look at part 8, 9 and 10 the same way I do with the new Godzilla movies: all of them are direct sequels to the first in the series (in Jason's case, maybe the first 4 or so) but pretend that the rest never happened, like they all take place in parallel worlds to each other.

13. Mattster

Mattster Guest

I'd say it's just a case of shitty writing.

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, I finally saw it. Good, not great. I liked the tone of the film and how it never really went over the top or tried to be funny. It was gleefully brutal and the blood was unleashed in the bucket loads. The final fight was alright, but I was a bit let down. What I liked the most in the movie was
    the backstory for Jason. Those scenes of the boys mocking him and pushing him into the water were some of the best in the franchise IMO. The fact that they never elaborated on Jason's death in the previous episodes was always a missed opportunity in my eyes.

I thought the whole story about the teens was just borrrrrrrring, but I admired the way they worked in the two styles of each series together to make it all seem fresh. I loved the opening music riff at the start that combined with ANOES theme with the ki ki ki ma ma ma clip.

I'd probably give it a 7/10 and rank it in around the middle of each series. Regardless though, I am very happy it is doing killer at the box office. Long live the slasher!

15. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Finally saw it saw it last night...certainly the best thing New Line has done in terms of Jason. With one swing of the machete, this guy puts the nonsense of K. Hodder behind us. The last F13th I thought was really good was P6. (although moments in 7 and JX were enjoyable).

I agree with Rhett was favorite part was
    the camp crystal lake flashback to young Jason, complete with negligent couselours fucking :lol: It was Freddy's best appearance and one-liner, too.

In terms of Elm St. films, this is better than 3 of them IMO, Part 2, 5 and Freddy's Dead.

I like Friday the 13th Parts 1-6 better, however.

Oh, and while Monica Keena is a super hottie, that chick from Ginger Snaps has a fucking pair. What a little body!:glasses:

16. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

couldn't tell...oh, well...she was still hot.

17. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

I don't think i've ever been as disappointed in anything as i was in this movie. It was easily my least favorite of both series *and using the term 'least favorite' is giving it credit i don't think it deserves*

I'll keep this brief, since the more i think about it, the more angry i get. And i have no idea how to use the spoiler tag, so i'll just be as vague as possible.

The first death...INCREDIBLE. I saw that and i thought "wow, this is going to be great!" One of the better kills in either series. But, outside of a couple little moments that made me smile, that was the only enjoyable part for me.

It had a Freddy bodycount, which disappointed the hell out of me. I was going in there hoping to see plenty of people get sliced up in brutally creative fashion. But really, there weren't many deaths, and the few it did have lacked any creativity whatsoever. This i could have gotten over if it didn't leave 75% of the movie to showcase an awful script, with awful actors playing awful characters with awful dialogue. I didn't expect any of that to be of high quality, but damn...I'm a horrible writer, and i could have sat in front of my computer for 3 days and had my name attached to the movie if i knew that's what New Line would accept. And THIS i could have easily gotten over, if there were more interesting deaths.

And while it was cool to see Freddy and Jason go at it, I didn't really like the style that it was done. Too Matrixy for my taste. But I have to say, those first few seconds when they see each other...one of the best fucking movie moments ever. If it was attached to a movie that I came anywhere close to enjoying, I would have shot my wad *should this be in the freaks and geeks section?* all over the back of the unfortunate head in front of me.

There's a lot more I could say about it *some good, most bad* but until i learn to use this spoiler tag, this will be it for now.

But to summarize...too few deaths, no creativity, bad CGI, annoying characters *namely all of them* survive way, way too long, and it focuses too much on the annoying teenagers rather than Freddy and Jason.

18. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Saw it yesterday early afternoon, just seven people in the cinema including me. I absolutely loved it .

19. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

I think it went over the top and tried to be funny quite a few times, but I still loved it :)

20. Latency

Latency Guest

I agree. They DID try too hard to be funny in some parts. I was hoping for more of some "campy" dark humor (found in both Friday and ANOES films). Instead we get a movie that makes fun of the genre. I'll have to give it another viewing with lower expectations.