Mimsy Farmer interview online for limited time

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by mimsyphile, Mar 21, 2012.

1. mimsyphile

mimsyphile New Member

To any and all fans of giallo or Italian horror and suspense in general, I am happy to report that the career-length exclusive interview with Euro-horror favorite Mimsy Farmer, published in Video Watchdog #161, is available to read in its entirety for FREE on the VW website, but only for a short time! To celebrate its nomination as "Best Interview" in the 2011 Rondo Awards, the VW publishers have made the Mimsy interview -- and indeed all 5 of VW's nominated pieces -- available until April 1st, which is when the Rondo voting closes.

If you're not familiar with the Rondo Awards, they're fan-voted awards, now in their 10th year, presented annually to honor the best works (writing, films, TV, art, websites, etc) that strive to keep alive the spirit of classic horror. For any horror fans, they are great fun to participate in, with a long slate of cool nominee categories. And no, you don't have to vote in every category -- you can just pick the ones in which you have interest!

Yes, as you have all no doubt deduced by now, I am the author of the Mimsy interview, and yes I'd surely love it if any of you enjoy the interview and cast a Rondo vote for Mimsy and me. But I also want to just spread the word of the Rondos to as many horror fans as possible -- it's a really neat concept for an award, it's been getting bigger and more prestigious every year, and it is purely just a lot o' fun to peruse the big ballot and vote for your favorites. The winners will be announced in a live chat on the night of April 2nd, and the awards will be handed out at the full-blown Rondo Ceremony held at WonderFest on Memorial Day weekend!

So if you have time, head over to www.videowatchdog.com to read Mimsy and the other VW nominees, and then visit www.rondoaward.com and cast your votes!

Thanks, and I hope this isn't too much of a "shameless plug!" For anyone who does read my Mimsy interview, I'd love to read your comments here on this thread. She's a very articulate and fascinating lady, who certainly had a unique career arc, and I'll be eternally grateful to her for granting me her first-ever full-length interview and devoting so much of her time to the project.