Mindwarp (1992) - Blu Ray October 8th from Twilight Time

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by baggio, Aug 9, 2013.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Mindwarp (1992) Coming from Twilight Time. October 8th 2013.

Limited to 3,000 copies. No pre-orders as of yet.

Didn't see this one coming at all. Don't think this was ever on dvd. Could be wrong.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

From Twilight Time:

Press Release 10/01/2013

Twilight Time announces the long awaited BLU-RAY release of an almost forgotten
    post-apocalyptic horror gem…ready to shock again…

“MINDWARP”
    Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release
    Only 3,000 units available at
    www.screenarchives.com
    Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2013

“An involving horror adventure…[Director] Barnett has done well with material that might have been just gross in lesser hands, and admirably keeps the tone consistent all the way through to the end.”
    —TV Guide

“A post-apocalyptic gore-fest funded by Fangoria magazine…Eye-gouging, blood-spurting nastiness.” —Time Out London

Cult horror veterans Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) and Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) co-star in Mindwarp (1992), produced by Fangoria Films (an off-shoot of the popular horror film magazine). The film tells the grisly tale of a post-apocalyptic society in which the privileged exist only as “Dreamers,” eternally plugged into a virtual reality fantasyland, Inworld, while in the ravaged Outworld, humans have mutated into savage flesh-eaters, led by a mysterious, charismatic despot interested only in survival. Directed by Steven Barnett (Hollywood Boulevard II).

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I remember hearing about this one a few months ago on some other forums, and it was also in this thread. But it's nice that there's now an official announcement of it.

I doubt I'll rush to get my order in within the first few minutes on this title though...since it won't even matter! It would probably arrive to me quicker if I just wait a few days to order it. :lol:

5. bruce h

Their Facebook reply:

"according to Steve Barnett (the director), the new restoration is of the "unrated" version...(which is apparently approximately one minute longer)."

Excellent news!

6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I doubt this will sell out within the first 24 hrs ;)
    This is the kind of movie that I expected Shout factory to put on a 4 disc collection.
    This better be the Unrated version, as it was butchered by MPAA.

Edit: I missed the above comment, about the unrated version, when posting ;)

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

hmm i know nothing about this movie - any good or so bad its good or just bad?

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I remember this one. It was one of the Fangoria releases along with Severed Ties and Children Of The Night.

I hope Children Of The Night is on the way, whether from Twilight Time or another company. The DVD is fullscreen only.

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

:banana:

I thought they said they were done with genre releases until The Blob next year, so this plus the rest of the Harryhausen Sinbads is surprising news.

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

shame it's from twilight, would have purchased this, but to expensive for me here in the UK to punt on this.

11. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Fuckkkkk....Why did Twilight Time have to be the one to get a hold of this?:mad:

I like the movie, but it's not worth $30.

12. CPT HOOK

I know it's futile to complain about the whole Twilight Time thing, but I kind of have to agree here. I'd love to own this, but don't think it's worth $34. Children Of The Night is the only one of the Sony / Fangoria films I would pay that kind of money for.

I don't see it selling out right away, so if it's still around when The Blob goes up for order, then I might spring for it. We'll see...

13. Vance Vandy

Vance Vandy Member

I'm certainly glad Shit Factory didn't get it, as you're probably right. Glad this is coming on Blu.

14. Katatonia

15. bruce h

I've always liked MINDWARP and the promise of seeing the uncut version in nice quality swayed me towards the purchase -- plus the fact that it's a Columbia flick and Sony hasn't really established any overseas licensing deals, so I don't see it getting a Euro-release anytime soon. I'm kinda annoyed that they apparently had the director look at the master to confirm it's uncut, but didn't tap him for an audio commentary?

I like THE OTHER, too -- a pretty twised little film -- but it's Fox, so i figured I'd hold off for a little while and see if there were any alternate developments.

16. Katatonia

I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember that TT can't actually do any new extras for these Sony licensed releases. It would have to be Sony who would go ahead and produce any new features for the release.

17. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Good point about waiting to see if Arrow or another overseas label will grab THE OTHER. I like the film but find the current DVD quite satisfactory and will only upgrade if it's less than $20. Mindwarp, on the other, will be mine. I'm kind of surprised it's already sold 400 copies, though, considering it's a relatively obscure film from the 90's. Maybe I should get my copy sooner rather than later.

18. Katatonia

Mind you that's just what was posted on another forum as the sales figures thus far. Whether it's even accurate or not is another matter... since the Wish List cart trick on SA apparently isn't working yet for these two titles.

But I seriously doubt either of these will sell out that quickly. Probably when SA posts that there's under 500 copies available for one of them, then people will start ordering faster to get in before they eventually sell out.

19. CPT HOOK

Wow, didn't even realize this was up for pre-order yet.

Don't know if I'm willing to spend $30+ on Mindwarp, but I might spring for The Other.

20. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

So did this skip DVD all together?