Miramax Zu Warriors?

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Erg0n, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    Anyone hear of this movie, i saw the trailer in one of the DVDs i rented (forgot which one) It stars some popular Chinese casts and includes the tradition choreography and cinematography in a chinese action film. it's a 1983 movie i believe, but they did a remake? The official website is down for some reason.

Shu shan zheng zhuan (2001)

Shu shan (1983)

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I have the movie on DVD but I have not seen the remake. The FX were done by Industrial Light and Magic. It is a decent film that tried to do way too much. It moves fast and it is hard to follow at times but overall it is a good watch. If you want I can refer you to a place on ebay to get it very cheap.

3. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

CGI hell... The remake has way too much Special FX and the story is hard to follow. You can pick up the dvd for about $14.99 online, but I doubt you would want to watch more than once.

Check out "Volcano High School", it uses CGI in pretty natural ways - great wire work and Fight Club-like shooting style makes this a winner.

4. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

the zu warriors from miramax is not a remake of zu warriors from magic mountain which was made in 1983. it's actually just a horrible re-edit and dubbing of the sequel to that movie called Legend of Zu. it's a little weak on the story side if you don't see the 1983 one though. you wont understand a lot of the back story if you don'tsee the previous one. Most peoples complaints about it are that the story doesn't make a lot of sense but it makes a lot more sense if you see the first one. Also it's real pretty to look at regardless.

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

The new one that is overflowing in CGI is a prequel to the 1st one.

6. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    Yeah, saw this yesternight. Pretty good eye candy but that's it, unfortunately.