Mondo Macabro goes Blu

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Apr 11, 2014.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I've already purchased just about all of the MM titles that I want so I'll probably only pick up Blood Spattered Bride.

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Looks like Mondo Macabro sold 1/2 of their The Blood Spattered Bride pre-orders yesterday and they say they will put the remaining ones up for sale "this Wednesday the 23rd at 8:30 am PST" although I think they mean Wednesday the 25th.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I grabbed one when it went up on Monday morning. I'm not too surprised they sold through half of them so quickly. These limited releases this month are making October painful. o_O

othervoice1 and zbinks like this.
  4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind ordering a copy but depends if they have any left by the time I get home from work tomorrow.

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Got mine ordered today (The Blood Spattered Bride) - have actually never seen this so it is a gamble - but it sounds good

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I ordered mine Monday, also a blind buy. Feels like a reasonable gamble.

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I need to jump on Blood Spattered Bride but I have to wait until I get paid Friday. It's a terrific, low key picture. Maribel Martin is terrific. Her look is rather current, as well. I can see her doing a Dior advert or something.

8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Anyone who has bought the Blue Underground release of Daughters of Darkness should have The Blood Spattered Bride. The entire feature-length film was included as a bonus feature. I enjoy both, but think that The Blood Spattered Bride is the better film. It deserves to have a separate release with ample bonus features along with better audio & video. I'm sure that Mondo Macabro will do a great job on this.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

wago70, zbinks and Katatonia like this.
  10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Unfortunately splitting the stock between days has slowed the uptake to a crawl: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14254134&postcount=3469

Hard to say if 500ish was the ceiling to start with, but it shows when thing are hot they're hot. When they're not, they're not. :confused:

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. thutrangle3008

thutrangle3008 New Member

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Blood Spattered Bride pre-order is apparently now shipping, just got a shipped confirmation email from MM.

othervoice1 likes this.
  14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/mondomacabrodvd/posts/1834938199932559

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

What's there to report to Facebook? How AWESOME the cover is? :cool:

And not to waste a post, Jared's also revealed the following:
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14455933&postcount=3705

Katatonia, Angelman and zbinks like this.
  16. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

A new exclusive from my Cinema Arcana FB Page!

Cult favorites Mondo Macabro have developed a reputation for delivering the weirdest and wildest cinematic oddities from the farthest reaches of the globe, and in 2018 they’re launching a new sublabel dedicated to some of their craziest findings yet – this time sourced right from your own backyard! Behold AMERICAN ARCANA, a carefully-curated collection of genre goodies guaranteed to please those with tastes a bit more jaded.

The inaugural release under this new banner is a diseased double-dose of exploitation atrocities presented in collaboration with the mad geniuses at Something Weird Video: Byron Mabe’s THE BUSHWHACKER (1968) & Charles Nizet’s THE RAVAGER (1970)!

When a coonskin-capped degenerate shoots down a small plane in the dusty deserts of California, its occupants seem to think their only chance for survival is intermittent walking and rampant humping. Turns out they’re perfect prey for THE BUSHWHACKER! He’s a randy old recluse with no qualms about kidnapping his new go-go girlfriends away for a night of sadistic thrills, and soon the whole show devolves into a macabre mélange of mutilation, necrophilia and cannibalism. Caution: This motion picture contains plenty of unwhacked bushes.

‘Nam was Hell for THE RAVAGER! Lost in the jungles, G.I. Joe Salkow stumbles upon the scene of a woman being assaulted, beaten bloody, then detonated with dynamite. The shock awakens something within him; returning home, Joe submits to these base desires and begins building bombs with the express purpose of blowing up lovers. Or lesbians. Or kids. Whatever… it doesn’t really matter to Joe, as long as someone’s exploding. Holy hell.

Deemed too violent by their intended skinflick crowd, both films crashed and burned at the box office, relegated to obscurity until they were exhumed by the exploitation excavation crew at Something Weird Video. Now, Mondo Macabro are hoping they’ll find an even wider audience with this double-feature Blu-Ray. The pair have been scanned and mastered in 2K by the gang at AGFA from extremely rare 35mm prints, and supplements are slated to include a batch of specially selected trailers from the SWV vaults. Expect more details in the new year.

While the company isn’t ready to announce future American Arcana titles just yet, I can verify that one’s a never-on-home-video ‘70s sickie that I’ve been itching to see for quite some time – so watch this space!

© Bruce Holecheck, 2017

[​IMG]

MorallySound and russweiss like this.
  17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'll buy anything SWV. And I'll buy anything MM... So does that mean I have to buy two copies? :D

Interesting that SWV is working with someone besides AGFA; especially if AGFA is still doing the scanning. SWV said they would be teaming up with multiple partners though. I guess AGFA is getting a little busy themselves. But then so is MM these past few years. Interesting then that they should want to expand too.

Also interesting that MM would go for these American titles. While SWV is heavily saddled with USA films they also have a lot of international films too.

But why look a gift hose in the mouth? I hope Love Goddesses of Blood Island is on the slate! It's right up MM's alley AND my SWV issued DVD-R died.

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  19. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Excellent news about Perversion Story as it's my favourite Fulci film but what I wanna know is where's Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay on Blu-ray???

20. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I think those plans ultimately fell through.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13298570&postcount=1915

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13628323&postcount=2529