Mondo Macabro goes Blu

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Apr 11, 2014.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Bloodlust and Perversion Story showed up this morning.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Now available to pre-order:

GREEK COLLECTION VOL. 3: THE WILD PUSSYCAT/THE DESERTER - Red Case Limited Edition Blu-ray

[​IMG]

Some of the previous "Red Case" LE releases were also up, but all sold out almost immediately as there were only a few overstock copies available of each. I managed to pick up Spider (along with the above pre-order) which I kinda regretted not getting before.

Dobby, russweiss and gobad2003 like this.
  5. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I got the Greek LE and that Ferat Vampire looked interesting so i threw that in with my order also :). I have all the other red case editions so I have to keep up with these for my OCD.

6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Crap is it the 26th already? Fortunately for me this Greek LE isn't a hot item and I was able to get it along with Ferat Vampire and threw in The Prince and the Nature Girl for the hell of it.

I would have liked to have picked up The Persian And The Swede but that was apparently a hot mess with PayPal canceling orders for the lulz so I guess I was sparred that aggravation. Jared says he'll try to get some more later so maybe I'll try my luck then.

gobad2003 likes this.
  7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Jared said the problem is now fixed. Apparently the word "PERSIAN" in a title set off an alarm with PayPal. :rolleyes:

A little over a hundred copies are all that's left of GREEK COLLECTION VOL. 3: THE WILD PUSSYCAT/THE DESERTER - Red Case Limited Edition Blu-ray. He will probably up the # to 550 copies (as was stated before it went up for sale), but anybody that wants one should probably order it soon.

Dobby likes this.
  8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

The announcement even acts of gods could not stop:
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16080252&postcount=6990

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It only took three years but...
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16127509&postcount=7203

I should probably watch mine before it's OOP and I'll be reluctant to open that mintly packaging. o_O

f.ramses likes this.
  10. MrTransistor1

MrTransistor1 Member

11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I was just thinking about this one and whether I wanted to spend the extra money on the LE so I came here while I was deciding, saw your post, and went with the LE. Didn't realize it until I checked out but due to the shipping and price differences between the Mondo Macabro store and Amazon it was just under $2 more to get the 3 MM titles I wanted from MM with the LE than it was to get all 3 from Amazon with the regular edition. Thanks for the heads up!

X-human likes this.
  12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Bottoms Up:
    That reversible cover... I feel like that could have been re-created to better maximize the size of the cover. : shrug :

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Imports of The Blood Rose UHD and a Kazakhstan film The Needle ( VOSTF ) will be available 4/25 as well:
    The imports look interesting. We're seeing more and more UHD out of Europe which is also interesting.

Mondo Macabro has confirmed they will not be pursuing Blood Rose on Blu-ray (and certainly not UHD).

Links:
    https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/emanuelle-in-america-red-case-limited-edition
    https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/...french-uhd-region-free-blu-ray-dvd-combo-pack
    https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/the-needle-region-free-french-blu-ray

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Additional items on sale:
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16336077&postcount=7487

f.ramses likes this.
  16. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Emanuelle comes back to America this May, thanks to Mondo Macabro! Newly restored in 4K from its uncut original negative, Joe D’Amato’s notoriously trashy EMANUELLE IN AMERICA (1977) follows intrepid photojournalist Emanuelle (the beautiful Laura Gemser) as she investigates a scoop through a high-dollar harem straight to a secret club for well-off women, only to uncover a snuff movie ring that caters to rich politicians! Vacillating wildly between sexy hijinks to full-on mutilation with a wonderful score from composer Nico Fidenco and small roles for cult favorites Gabriele Tinti and Paola Senatore, the film became legendary on the tape trading circuit for its alternating extremes, and is an easy essential for Eurotrash devotees. Mondo Macabro’s Blu-Ray presents the title complete and in HD for the first time, and they’ve not only included the Joe D’Amato: The Erotic Experience documentary and a talk with author David Flint, but the disc also contains a brand new audio commentary from yours truly and Mondo Digital’s Nathaniel Thompson!

The Limited Edition of 1500 copies is now available to pre-order exclusively from Mondo Macabro.

Special Features:
    * Region free 1080p presentation
    * Brand New 4K restoration from the original negative
    * Both English and Italian language options, with newly translated optional English subtitles
    * Archival Documentary – Joe D'Amato: The Erotic Experience
    * Brand new audio commentary by Eurotrash aficionados Bruce Holecheck and Nathaniel Thompson
    * Brand new interview with author David Flint
    * 1500 numbered copies
    * Reversible cover with new art on each side by Justin Coffee and Silver Ferox
    * Booklet featuring a brand new essay on the film by Heather Drain
    * Set of postcards

https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/product/emanuelle-in-america-red-case-limited-edition

[​IMG]

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

COMING TO BLU-RAY THIS SUMMER!

El Asesino de Muñecas aka THE KILLER OF DOLLS!

MM is proud to present for the first time on any US home video format this gory and psychedelic gialloesque film from the Golden Age of Spanish horror! Specs and extras TBA.

SYNOPSIS - In this bizarre and totally unique piece of Spanish horror cinema, David Rocha plays Paul, a young man thrown out of medical school due to his inability to deal with the sight of blood. He goes home to Montpellier in France where his father is gardener on a huge estate belonging to Countess Olivia (played by Helga Liné, ageless diva of Spanish horror). We soon discover that fear of blood is not Paul’s only quirk He was raised as a girl after his sister died and also likes to play with dolls and perform strange operations on them, attempting to extract their hearts.

Meanwhile, in the park surrounding the Countesses’ home, a number of young girls have been found murdered. And the killer seem to be a mysterious individual wearing a black wig, a white doll mask and speaking with a woman’s voice. As the killings multiply around him, Paul sinks ever deeper into a world of hallucination and nightmare.

BRAND NEW TEASER TRAILER - https://vimeo.com/334745139

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

russweiss and Body Boy like this.
  18. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

It's not a giallo. It's a proto-slasher, and a very fun one at that. It has an awesome decapitation!

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

If I have one complaint about MM it's that they throw around the term "giallo" a bit too much.

But count me in!

20. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Vinegar Syndrome too likes to use giallo and slasher rather freeingly.