Mondo Macabro's Bollywood Horror Collection Vol. 1

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by X-human, Aug 4, 2006.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Mondo Macabro's been the number 1 studio for getting me excited about things I never even knew I wanted. Here's Mondo Macabro's press release from MySpace:
    And from thier mailing lists:
    Along with Onar Films's announcement of Turkish Dracula and other Turkish horror it looks like we'll be getting lots of fun stuff coming up.

2. Luna

Luna Guest

Ooh, very cool. I still have some Bollywood horror DVDs in my collection that I haven't even seen yet so I guess this will get added to the gigantic pile of "Things to get eventually". :D

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

That's great news! I'd buy this just for the featurettes, but I'd love to own the movies too.

4. feral cat

feral cat Guest

I'm really looking forward to getting these, the only horror I have seen from India was the modern horror Bhoot, which was OK but nothing special.

5. Noto

Noto Guest

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I rented Bandh Darwaza and it was allot of fun. It's not a great film by any means, plagued by over acting and odd editing choices. I can't say it didn't keep me entertained though despite it's almost 2.5 hour running time.

Lots of musical numbers to be had and a Friday the 13th ripoff score which was sometimes played at inappropriate times. There were other score elements I recognized but couldn't pin point. It did have some surprisingly creepy imagery and a good pace.

I guess this would be my introduction to Bollywood horror and can safely say it won't be my last.