More Godzilla on the way

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Roo, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Roo

Roo Member

I saw this at dvdrive-in.com :

Classic Media Godzilla Update
    On November 11, Classic Media will re-release five Godzilla titles with new widescreen and/or high definition transfers. Titles include GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS, GODZILLA VS. MOTHRA, GODZILLA VS. MONSTER ZERO, GODZILLA’S REVENGE and TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA. These five releases will also be available in a box set. In November, they will also release a complete collection of the 1960s KING KONG animated series based on characters in Toho’s KING KONG ESCAPES. Classic Media is also in negations for further Toho titles, but things are taking much longer (unfortunately) than expected. Stay tuned.

I hope these transfers are as good as the Sony ones. :banana:

2. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

The elusive Godzilla vs Monster Zero?? Sweet!! I hope they're OAR like the recent Sony releases too. (Is Classic Media a Sony branch?)

3. What is the best Godzilla set out there right now?

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Excellent news! I'm gonna get every big G I can get on DVD. Hopefully they will all be uncut and include the origional Japanese track as well, but if not I'm not gonna bitch as long as the transfers look good.

5. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

My only question is why are these new releases so damn expensive? They are going for like thirty five bucks a pop in my area.

6. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

The best one is the Japanese one, but you have to sell your soul and maybe your left nut and an arm and a leg to buy it ;)

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i bought the new sony G discs from Columbia House at $11 a piece. well worth that price. no way in hell i'm gonna pay $20+ for them.

I can't wait for this new boxset. I hope they release TOMG uncut.

8. Is this the one your referring too http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=12251 , i love to have this set if i won the lottery but it's only in japanese with no english subs and only $925.99 US :eek1: . I find the godzilla series highly entertaining and a joy to watch, thanks for the great news Roo.

Here's a better picture of this most beautiful and mouth watering DVD set.
    http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0002HNQ98.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

That's the best. Eat your hearts out suckers... I'm looking at it at now, next to my Japanese Alien Head Set!

10. You actually have this set, can you use the subtitle on your remote to view english subs if so than I'm buying. When that will ever be, hoping this year or next.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

DDM doesn't need no subs.

12. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

None of the disks in the Godzilla Final Box have English subtitles. This set was available by pre-order only, and the deadline was 1/11/04. The ship date is 4/22/05. For all the info, check out the 2004 News Archive at my site and scroll down to the June 21 update. I'm looking forward to getting mine!

13. Thanks for the link, that's an excellent website.

14. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Excellent website, Zillamon! I've been visiting for some time now. I've just noticed the Daimajin movies have been getting the anamorphic treatment. Figures, I bought the boxset last year. Oh well, it was a pretty good value. Here's to seeing more Godzilla and hopefully War of the Gargantuas in the near future.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i want to see godzilla 1985 on dvd

16. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

But only if it's uncut, not the butchered US edit.

17. Aren't those the same titles released as cheapy "$5.50 bin at Walmart" titles? Those transfers suck! Not even in OAR. I bought the box set for something like $16.99. I still have the original Godzilla unopened in case anyone is interested in trading or something.

As for the newer Sony releases. They kick MUCH a$$, but are so overpriced for the type of DVDs they are (limited extras, etc). Still Tokyo SOS has some kick a$$ sound. It was really working my system when I rented it.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

same movies, but hopefully they will be with new transfers

19. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Christ. That mega box-set gives me a hard-on just looking at it. I've been a major Big G fan since I was 5 and it would be awesome if they gave us something even close to that set in R1. Too bad it wont happen. I guess I can only hope Columbia keeps pounding out every G film they can. I really want Godzilla v. Biollante right now. Big G never looked better.

20. Yeah, that battle was awesome. it was one of the gorier Godzilla fight in recent memory. My 4-year old was watching it & he had this retched face.

I've been a fan since I was in diapers as well. Though I can't bring myself to buy those new titles coming out from Sony at $20+ for almost a bare-bones release. Though I'd heavily consider it for Godzilla: Final Wars.