More Hammer on DVD from Warner in 2004!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Hammerfan, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I wish there was a time machine to take me to 4/27 so i could watch these baby's today.

2. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

You and me both! Now I can finally rid myself of my DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE VHS. I'm tempted to watch it one last time, but I am too ready for the DVD to do this! This film will look even more beautiful in its OAR and remastered. The rooftops of London will look even more grand. Can't wait!

3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2004
  4. How sweet it is...
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

That is sweet! Great artwork on those US releases as well! :banana:

5. M. H. Faris

M. H. Faris Guest

It was Amicus.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

The Skull is one I've been hoping for, along with The Creeping Flesh.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The Creeping Flesh comes to both R2 (first) and R1 this year :)

8. Luna

Luna Guest

Oh, HELL yeah! That WILL be mine.

Dammit. Why are there so many cool things in R2 that I will never see in R1? :( I was checking out Bensonsworld and saw some music DVDs that'd probably never see the light of day over here, grr!

Good thing I have a region-free player.

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

By jove, I think she's got it! :D

10. Damed

Damed Guest

So... what do we have to do to get Universal to put out the Evil of Frankenstein?

11. Damed

Damed Guest

Today's the day for the 3 Warner releases. Anyone pick them up yet?

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have them pre-ordered. This clearly means I will be the LAST to get them. My last order from DDD took 6 weeks :D

13. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I recieved all 3 today, can't wait to watch them. :banana:

14. Damed

Damed Guest

Picked them up tonight locally. Can't wait to watch them!

15. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

Friggin' Best Buy didn't have them out at all. I ended up buying the Dracula and Wolfman Universal sets. When I have a chance to go to Borders, I'll be snapping up my favorite DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE first. Best Buy has become a real mess...not to mention they are no longer the "best buy". :rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoy the 3 new Hammers. I can't wait to have them in my hot little hands.

16. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

My set shipped from DDD early last week so hopefully I will have it soon. This will be my first time seeing these films.

17. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

Picked up DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE tonight from Borders. Didn't see the others there. Hopefully can watch it tonight or over the weekend. Can't wait!

I've noticed that a lot of outlets get product in on Tuesdays, but take their time putting it on the shelf. Seems like a bad practice to me when people are waiting for new releases and willing to buy on the first day. I guess thats retail today.

18. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

Just watched DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE and am thrilled to death with it! This was a beautiful transfer, in my opinion and Warner did an excellent job of presenting this film on DVD. This was my first experience seeing this film in widescreen and not in washed out VHS or murky TV broadcasts. The image has so much more "drama" when spiffed up and presented in the OAR. I'd forgotten how the cinematographer used shades of red and green when Dracula appears on screen.

The opening scene seems to have baffled one on-line reviewer of the disc. I won't go into much detail, but just remember that the opening 5 minutes takes place ONE YEAR before the story picks up with the mosignor's narration. If you're not careful, you can miss that particular detail. I won't comment further until more of you who have never seen it are able to.

I had never seen the original theatrical trailer prior to this disc. Its a great trailer. It will have you saying "Dracula has risen from the grave!" in your sleep. Very effective in selling the movie to public, in my opinion.

19. R. I. P.

R. I. P. New Member

I think it safe to say our favorite new releases of new and classic films will be available in R1 eventually. I agree R2 seems to include more attractive DVD packages currently. However, it wasn't too long ago R1 afficianados were greatly longing for such classic greats as "Once Upon A Time In The West", "Taste The Blood Of Dracula", "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave", etc. Today, these films ARE happily available in R1 when it seemed doubtful they ever would be. ;)

Great things come to those with the patience to wait a while. In the meantime, I think there are more than plenty of current R1 DVD's to keep us happy. What isn't available in R1 now more than likely will be before too long.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  20. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

FINALLY picked up TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA. I truthfully haven't seen in this in 20+ years...not since the afternoon creature feature. I would dare say not since around 1980 have I watched this. Tonight will be a treat. I was thrilled with the presentation of DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE and look forward to the restored version of TASTE. I was going to pick up FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED but figured I would wait til later.