More Hammer on DVD from Warner in 2004!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Hammerfan, Nov 15, 2003.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Everything in R2 will eventually find it's way to R1. All you need is a little patience. I don't know about anyone else, but there are so many great releases in R1 right now that I couldn't possibly afford them to buy them all. The last thing I need to do is to delve into imports and make myself more broke than I already am. When I'm done buy everything I need domestically, then I'll consider buying R2, but that's not likely to happen, ever.

Not that I wouldn't want some of the R2 Hammer releases earlier rather than later like TWINS OF EVIL, but it's not that high of a priority. The local vid shop still has it for rental on VHS. The money I would spend on the import I could buy, say, the entire run of H.R. Pufnstuf. If R2 has The Bugaloos, though, I may change my mind. I wish Rhino would get off their keisters and do something about it!

2. Final Terror

Final Terror Guest

Along with these three titles, the UK is also getting a Warner release of the much underrated kungfu/vampire horror "The Legend Of The 7 Golden Vampires".
    Cant' wait!

3. Damed

Damed Guest

Anyone know what studio has the rights to "Twins Of Evil"?

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

That's supposedly in endless contention. I think when all is said and done, it's going to be MGM, but for now the film's dvd distribution rights are caught up in legal limbo. That's the last I heard anyway.

Please sign this petition.

5. Damed

Damed Guest

Thanks, I signed it.

I have never even seen it. Truth be told, The Vampire Lovers is one of my favourite Hammer films, and all I have read tells me that Twins of Evil is even better, so I'm REALLY looking forward to this title.

6. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

And thank you for signing. That was written by yours truly and Carl Kolchak.

Vampire Lovers is great, but compared to Twins, it plays a little slow. Don't get me wrong, I love Lovers, and I personally have no problem at all with the pace, but Twins just steps it up a notch. It has more of the sinister to it compared to the stylized, saturated gothism of Lovers. And Cushing's performance really is right fucking on.

7. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Seems strange that MGM isn't releasing more of these Hammers, esp. when one considers how willing they are to dip into their catalog for obscure movies. It's not like they're Universal, who is apparently content to sit on their back catalog and release jack shit.