More NASCHY and Spanish Horror on the way!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by razorbackattack, Feb 3, 2006.

1. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I picked up this double set at Best Buy yesterday. I can't find it on DVD-Af (just the single releases) so I'm assuming it's still pretty new. Anyway, looking forward to checking this out after enjoying the other double packs I got.

2. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

There's more Naschy werewolf movies that need to come out.

3. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

I just watched Human Beasts and i did not understand the ending. Could somebody please explain it with spoilers? I would appreciate it very much.

4. Kinggirlfriend

Kinggirlfriend New Member

****SPOILERS****

They ate him.

5. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

My error. Yesterday i requested info regarding the end of Human Beasts. I typed " with spoilers". i meant "spoiler alert"

6. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

i watched BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL last night. Very good transfer as usual. although the movie is compared to the Italian Giallos of the time, it still feels miles away from Argento or Martino's thrillers. There's an array of music ranging from Jazzy to suspenseful, all of it pretty catchy. I enjoyed the movie quite a lot, and along with Human Beasts, my Naschy DVD collection is now at 16 discs.

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well apparently people are having problems with the Curse of the Devil disc, it's described as a certain "choppiness" that is probably an authoring problem.

Also it looks like the Werewolf vs. the Vampire Women print is not the true American cut and BCI maybe looking at doing a new transfer of that too according to Mirek Lipinski (who did the liner notes on all the previous discs):
    http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/r...and-WEREWOLF-SHADOW-from-BCI.html#reply-56319

Pretty rotten, it's unfortunate that basically all these releases have some kind of hitch to 'em. It's especially bad for BCI because while it looks like they want to do it right they seem to be out matched.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Glad I'm still behind on this Spanish Horror Collection. I've been buying them in the order they were released. Next up for me will be Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll and Human Beasts. Those should hold me over until BCI hopefully corrects these blunders and issues replacements.

10. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Let me take this opportunity to throw yet ANOTHER shameless plug for my web site:

www.NightOfTheSorcerers.com

It's in dire need of an update--perhaps when my dayjob lets up, and my freelance projects are over I'll find the time...

11. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Dvdaf is showing the The Hanging Woman aka La Orgía de los muertos being released on 9/29/09 by Troma of all people.

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

OH FUCKING HELL! I'm so goddamned SICK of those assholes releasing everything I've been waiting years for on DVD and sourcing them from shitty VHS dupes. First THE CHILDREN and FRIGHTMARE and now this. What's next? THE BOOGENS and TIME WALKER?

Screw you, Troma! Burn in hell! :fuck:

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. AAAAARRRGH! I thought I heard they were close to going out of business. What the hell? Why won't they die, already?

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

^ Whole heartedly agree. The only thing I really want of Troma is the stuff they only distribute, which they're very bad at and would explain their financial troubles. Although I'll give their webstore credit for being run rather well; I've had great experience with their personal at that level.

Anyways, hopefully they're getting their video masters from the same distributor BCI was. BCI had a lot of problems with them too, needing to do a lot of working fixing the masters. Still at least we have a fighting chance for a decent release this way.

14. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I would expect nothing less than an average-looking transfer from Troma, and probably in the wrong aspect ratio.