More Warner Best Buy Exclusive 10/7

Discussion in 'Classic' started by X-human, Aug 30, 2008.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

The Brides of Fu Manchu (1966) / The Chamber of Horrors (1966)

It! (1966) / The Shuttered Room (1966)

MSRP: $19.98

The July exclusives will be hitting retailers everywhere on the same day.

Figures, I just imported Fu Manchu this summer. :grumble: :grumble:

2. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I have always wanted to see It...and it will be nice to finally get a nice looking copy of The Shuttered Room.

3. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Best Buy exclusives usually mean 'good luck finding them in any of the stores'. :lol:

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Some fun ones there.I've wanted a DVD of THE SHUTTERED ROOM for ages.It used to play on TV all the time when I was a kid,nowadays I never see it.

5. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I've got burned copies of the last batch of sci-fi discs and don't regret it at all. I live in Canada and would've bought these right away had they been available, but both WB and Best Buy made it abundantly clear that they didn't want my money. I did the Ebay thing for the Ultimate Sci-Fi Collection vol. 2 and regret it a lot now that both volumes are available together as a set (I paid at least ten bucks more than retail on vol. 2 due to Ebay price gouging and shipping costs), so I'm burning both companies instead of the other way.

If I can do the same for these, I will. Stuff like this irks the shit outta me.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

These always come out into general release eventually. You just have to be patient. Something many people don't seem to have the ability to pull off. :D

7. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

That's cool, but nobody knew the Ultimate Sci-Fi sets would be general release at any point, hence the ridiculously high prices on Ebay. I'm just burned on the whole situation, not to mention hearing all the horror stories of people trying to track these down at Best Buys that don't have them consistently.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Best Buy suck. So I wait. In fact, I was in the same situation as you with the sci-fi box - and I've yet to get the reissue with the first volume. I'll simply wait for the sales.

It's not ideal - but the only people paying over the odds as those willing to be ripped off. Just wait - these will come out and we'll be paying $5-$10 max.

9. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I got burned by picking up an extra 2 copies of Sci-Fi V2 after seeing the V1 prices on ebay. That's what I get for speculating.:eek:
    I think I've finally learned my lesson though, as I left those extra When Dinosaurs Ruled discs sitting in the store and they still haven't been recalled!;)
    I also agree that Best Buy sucks, although the one near me is getting much better and consistantly has what I'm looking for lately (the WB sfi-fi discs, Rogue, Dead Pit 2 disc, etc). Plus they keep having movie cash deals that work out to them or Hollywood paying me to own some discs, and I just got another $5 rewards certificate on top of it all. Maybe sucking is a thing of the past, or maybe it goes in phases.:) This time last year I had to order everything online as BB wasn't getting anything outside mainstream Hollywood releases. Now they are getting almost everything and the horror section is growing again (and the rack of Grudge 2 tins is shrinking!).:banana:

10. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I have a Sci-Fi Collection V2 if any one needs it for cheap to complete a collection....?

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Sadly mate we all have the second volume, and no-one will part with the first one for decent money. Last time I checked it was cheaper to buy the complete set. And with the complete set out, there is absolutely no value in V2 at all.... I might use mine as coasters, just as soon as I get the full package....

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Actually I just checked, and nothing has changed on amazon:

The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection V1: $46.99
    Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection 1 & 2: $$42.79

So I guess the first release is still going for high dollars.... simple opportunism, of course.

13. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Dang. I have no use for mine either now that I bought the complete set.

14. Bristlebane

Bristlebane New Member

Is there a website/thread that lists all of the best buy exclusive discs? I have scoured everywhere and cant seem to find one. I just want to be sure that I am not going to miss out on something if it does not make it to a general release. Thanks in advance.

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Wow, been wanting to see Chamber of Horrors for ages...will definitely pick that one up. Will probably wait on the other.

18. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Apparently the release date was pushed up to 9/30, and at $14.99 to boot. I've placed an online order for instore pick-up. I'll pick it up tomorrow afternoon. It's also worth noting that while the last Warner release was only in one local store in the summer, this release was in three different stores. I hoping that's a good sign that these are getting snatched up.

It's so funny how executives are so convinced that horror / sci-fi is dying that they'll always throw it under the bus. Yet passers by are always picking it back up.

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost