Most Anticipated Fall Title

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 20, 2004.

?

Which is your most anticipated fall title?

1. Alfred Hitchcock Collection

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Candyman: SE

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

56 vote(s)
    39.7%
  4. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Friday the 13th Box Set

23 vote(s)
    16.3%
  6. The Funhouse

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Ginger Snaps Back

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. Night of the Demons

14 vote(s)
    9.9%
  9. Van Helsing

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  10. Videodrome: SE

22 vote(s)
    15.6%
  11. Other

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

I had to go with Other since you didn't have Purple Rain listed. :D j/k

its a hard choice because I want/will get them all.

2. Severn

Severn Member

I would have picked the Friday set but it's looking less impressive as time goes on. So it's the Dead set for me. :)

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, out of those, I'm going with Videodrome.

I have now bought four Hitchcock films, and I honestly find that I'm not really enjoying his work after the 40's. It never used to be that way, but now when I watch the later films, I get bored. The early ones are great.

I have no interest in Candyman (saw it a long time ago, and it made no impression then). Dawn of the Dead? Well, without saying it's better or worse (I've not seen it) I'd have to say that I'm much more interested in seeing the new one than I am in paying more money into the Romero film. I have a copy of the Argento cut, and it's good enough for me.

The Friday the 13th Box Set is a joke, and I just don't want those flippers. I have now bought all the ones I wanted on cheapo singles.

I'll likely get The Funhouse if the reviews on the transfer hold up. I have the Goodtimes version though, so don't feel as though it's something I have to get right away.

I have yet to see Ginger Snaps, although it's in my "too watch" pile. Still, not having seen the first, Ginger Snaps Back is nowhere on my list.

Night of the Demons I really know nothing about, to be honest.

Van Helsing - well, I can safely say I'm NEVER going to watch this. For me to get this film it would have to be sub $5. Given the reviews on it, that might actually happen, I suppose. I wouldn't jump at $10, though.

So there you have it from that list. Videodrome it is. It didn't win by default though, I'm really looking forward to it getting the Criterion treatment!

4. Latency

Latency Guest

For me it has to be Dawn of the Dead 2004. I just love the opening 30 minutes of the film, so much chaos and carnage. IMO it's more apocolyptic (excuse teh speeling) than the original (and less dull at parts).

5. Blade

Blade Guest

Damnit I actually voted for Ginger Snaps Back :eek1:

Oh well, the trailer looks great and reminds me of Brotherhood of the Wolf (which I consider to be a good thing :rolleyes: )

6. bloodthirsty

bloodthirsty Guest

7. Kharis

Kharis Guest

The Dawn of the Dead boxset with Friday 13th Boxset and Ginger Snaps Back also up there on my list.

8. Smartt

Smartt Guest

But it IS! In Germany, if I´m not mistaken.

9. Roo

Roo Member

Dawn of the Dead 78' This is the reason I got myself into debt with a new widescreen TV & home theater. :blabla:

10. Smartt

Smartt Guest

You did good, but I´m not sure if DOTD78 will be the best disc to test your HT set.

Take AB´s Day of the Dead, for example. It has DTS sound and stuff, but it rarely makes full use of the surround possibilities. THE BEYOND, on the other side, gives you some good jumps with thundecracks and groans coming from behind.

11. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

DOTD '78, closely followed by Videodrome SE. Honorable mention goes to Take Me Naked/ A Thousand Pleasures from Something Weird (can't get enough Findlay!)

12. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Other, for the Guyver 1 and 2 release. Followed close by Ginger Snaps

13. Roo

Roo Member

What's the release date for the Guyver movies? I'll also need to pick up those DVD's....to go with the anime versions.

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

For me it would have to be th Dawn set. Followed by the Friday box set, Videodrome, Dawn 04, and Night of the Demons.

15. Roo

Roo Member

I do wish they had setup the 5.1 better on Day of the Dead but, all is forgiven once the movie started. I couldn't believe how good it looked on the widescreen TV. AB did an awsome job and it's just great that finally all three movies are available with great DVD transfers.....no more lousy , worn VHS versions.

16. zombee

zombee Guest

The Dawn set for sure... it'll be well worth the 50 or so bucks. I checked out the site for it and it doesn't have the box art yet. But they did have the disk art... and it is good times.

17. Curt Duncan

Curt Duncan Guest

I am voting for Ginger Snaps III, because I have the Dawn of the Dead already, so that box set isn't that high on my list.

18. Dawn of the Dead , cannot wait to watch all versions .

19. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Dawn Of The Dead (1978); Videodrome; Dawn Of the Dead Remake; Friday the 13th; Night Of The Demons. Already have The Funhouse and Candyman. I don't think I will purchase either of those movies.

20. tim

tim Guest

Gotta be Dawn '78 - my all-time favourite movie. Followed by Videodrome and Hitchcock. The rest are rentals for me.