Most consistently obnoxious Ad campaigns

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by maybrick, Feb 2, 2003.

?

Most obnoxious Ad Campaign

1. Dell Computers

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Subway

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. 1-800 COLLECT

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Old Navy

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Pepsi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chili's

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Other (please specify)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

Red Lobster ads usually get on my nerves, too... Not into watching annoying people stuff their faces.

Can we agree that commercials suck in general? :D

2. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

I voted for the 1-800-COLLECT, then I was reminded of the stupid buffalo commercial, then whoever said Red Lobster reminded me that the ones I hate the most are any commercials featuring ribs where the actors can't find their mouths, the paper towel commercial being the current worst one.

Seeing those make me loose my appetite. :mad:

Now that I think about it, that commercial where the brat is gargling chocolate syrup and milk is really sickening.:eek2:

Oh, and all of the truth.com commercials make me want to start smoking again and seek those people and flood their lungs with my second hand smoke.

If they really want truth, I'll force feed it to them!:fire:

Oh, and then the Mac "switch" commercials bug me too. I'm seriously considering getting a Mac for my next rig, but those commercials don't tell me anything. I want to know I'll be able to play Duke Nukem Forever and well as do cool things with my photos. I don't want to get a rig so I can feel morall superior to people who use MS, or whatever. I want to get a rig to do what I want to do with it

And what I want to do on my computer is whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.

Is that so hard???? :glasses:

3. Eddie Quist

Eddie Quist Guest

You said a mouthful there, man ;)

4. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

No shit! Who the hell do they think they are anyway? Another set of PSA's that drive me up the fucking wall are those Marijuana... Harmless? ads!!!! My god!!! I don't even smoke pot anymore, but I wish I had a joint for every time they piss me off!

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Did you find the "moral loophole"?:D

6. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Geico. Someone needs to stomp on that fucking gecko.

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I had to other, and by other I mean 1-800-CALL-ATT ads with Carrotfuck. That dude has never been funny. I noticed a few mentioned him when voting for the 1-800-COLLECT ads, but those are the dumb shit with fucking ALF, and a close second. At least I've gotten a small laugh at a few of those, and those Alysia Milano ones were'rt hard on the eyes.
    Fuck all phone companies. I wanna bash that shithead from Sprint's ads in everytime I see him. clear calls my ass, as a Sprint customer I can call straight bullshit on that.:bs: The only reason I'm still with em is cuz all cell phones suck, and I have made them buy me 5 new phones over the last 2-3 years.
    That faggot for Verizon should walk off a fucking cliff and ask "can you hear me know" as he falls to his much desereved death!

I think I've vented enough now, and I do fire up a bowl everytime one of those bullshit marijuna ads comes on! Sorry I blew up the trade center, you fucking lying sacks of shit! For the record, I've never been in a car accident while high or drunk (driving only, my dumbass friends back in school are another story), but have totaled 2 cars sober. You want me high when I drive!
    Peace,
    Dave

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

COLLECT, CALLATT, whatever, they're all the same and all equally obnoxious. I myself was thinking of Carrottop when I added it to the list. Whether you're thinking of Carrottop, Alf, Alyssa Milano, or some dipshit sportsguy, just list it under the 1800 Collect, okay?

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Subway for me. Everytime I see one of those ad's with "Jarrod" I want to ram a fucking knife into his sternum. Then I'd cut his balls off and feed them to him so he can choke on his protein diet.

10. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

It gives you wings!:p

11. mcchrist

WINGS MY ASS!!!

12. Broken

Broken Guest

All of the above.

13. mcchrist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2003
  14. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I voted Other. I hate the sanctimonious anti-smoking ads on television, which believe that lying is the best policy.

15. MapleBob

MapleBob Guest

Hear! Hear!

I think I posted elsewhere on this thread that those ads make me want to take up smoking again and blow second hand smoke all over truth.org, or whoever they are.

16. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I hate Jared and I hate Carrot Top so it was pretty hard. 1 800 Collect got the vote simply because Carrot Top made a shitty ass movie called "Chairman of the Board" and I had to read a blurb about it in People magazine. 7 seconds of my life I will never get back.

17. subway, whats up with that stupid song clay henry who gives a damn if you lost weight he "got real big on burgers and fries now hes down to a smaller size".Ugh i got it stuck in my head ive heard so many times.

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Jerrad is still a geek, no matter how much weight he loses.:D

19. mcchrist

THE TRUTH MY ASS!!!

20. blairmonster

blairmonster Guest

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this!