Most Disturbing Horror Film Ever Commited to Celluloid

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by SaviniFan, May 1, 2004.

?

Most Disturbing Horror/Non-Horror Film You've Ever Seen

1. Faces of Death/All Films Similar

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Irreversible

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. In a Glass Cage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AU: Mordum

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Salo

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Visitor Q

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ichi the Killer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cannibal Holocaust/All Cannibal Films

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  9. Men Behind the Sun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Guinea Pig Series

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  11. I Spit on Your Grave

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  12. Last House on the Left

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. Nekromantik/Nekromantik 2

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  14. Other

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Ok, what horror film do you consider to be the most vile and disturbing. If you choose "other", please only include a movie that is easily accessible to the public, meaning that it isn't something that is illegal or has only been seen by 3 people.

I have to go with Faces of Death and any other film like it. I cannot watch those kind of films and not feel both sickened and depressed.

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

My vote goes to Guinea Pig. Watching THE DEVILS EXPERIMENT was the worst experience of my life. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST may have been more shocking since it killed real animals, but the way the reel murder in DEVILS was grotesquely conveyed and unflinchingly misogynistic made me feel dirty and vicious for having watched it. IRREVERSIBLE was also damn tough to watch, but at least it had some emotional let up near the end. Good poll!

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I went with other. I watched In my skin today and felt like throwing up about 8 times, Mabye i shouldn't of ate those 5 slices of pizza right before. Good film though. It may have been the hardest film i have ever had to sit through. I haven't seen any of the Guinea Pig ,August Underground or Nekromantik film yet though. So that may change.

4. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Mordum. It still didn't disturb me, but it's a sick piece of work for sure.

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Its a close race between Irreversible and Salo, but since I am a bigger fan of Irreversible, it gets my vote. In a Glass Cage and Cannibal Holocaust are both amazing films, and while not the most disturbing, they're pretty disturbing all the same. In My Skin is definitely disturbing, but I don't have as hard a time watching it as a few people seem to, not even when I first saw it theatrically. I'll have a review for it up in RR soon by the way. Threads is another extremely disturbing film, but its not really horror. Never seen the Guinea Pig stuff, but it doesn't really interest me.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I went with Other, with In My Skin being the most disturbing movie I ever watched. Of course, I didn't finish it because it made me feel exceedingly faint, but that is why it gets my vote. The runner up would be Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer, another movie I couldn't finish, but at least it left me well enough to just walk out of the theater when I had enough. Last House on the Left is also very disturbing. I watched it once, and that was plenty.

I haven't watched several of the films on the list, and am in no hurry to.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Haven't watched most of the films listed so I voted for I Spit On Your Grave.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Nekromantik is some sick shit... a lot of times it isn't meant to be taken seriously, but it still made me nauseous several times throughout. Same goes for Faces of Death, which is an utterly vile piece of cinema, interesting in a grotesque sort of way.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Voted for Men Behind the Sun. Now I can watch movies like Faces of Death, Traces of Death etc. and it doesn't bother me too much but something about MBTS just shocked me enough to actually stop the dvd. I did turn it back on a few minutes later though and finished it.

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of movies, but the only time I've ever felt truly "repulsed" was at the end of HAPPINESS. I don't seek out stuff like MBTS, CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, SALO and the like. I don't really have that much of an interest in those kind of movies, but when I watched I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE or BAISE MOI, I knew what I was getting into. HAPPINESS just through me for a loop. I just didn't expect it at all.

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I voted for Faces of Death, it's the only time where I felt that someone had gone too far. I mean who is just sitting there then gets the idea, "hey I'm going to make a compilation of video clips showing real people dying, that'll be fun!" Fake violence is all good, but real death I just can't understand how anyone can get enjoyment out of seeing the last few moments of some poor guy's life.

12. Blade

Blade Guest

I voted for Salo, cause it's simply disgusting. People shouldn't eat shit...

13. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

My feelings exactly. I voted for Faces of Death also.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Words to live by.

15. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I've never seen any of the Faces of Death but I heard that the majority of the deaths in those movies were fake anyway.More fake ones then real ones anyway.

16. b0nkers

b0nkers Guest

i voted for faces of death/ similar. i didnt really vote for the FOD's but
    all the greusome ripp-offs. They are sick as fuck!

17. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I've never seen any of the Faces of Death series. I plan to at some point, though. Terrible idea, but I'm a curious fool.

I despise the show Fear Factor and they guys putting worms in their mouths and dumping them on their girlfriends heads. Truly sickening and really bad TV. I just glimpsed it, but it was disturbing.

Right now I'd have to say that Nekromantik wins the prize. It just repulses me, and I still haven't finished it. I do love that DVD though, and plan to return to it sometime when I think I can stomach it. :fucked:

18. latenite

latenite Guest

I've seen most of the Faces of Death and I can safely say that most of the human deaths are fake. It is illegal to film someone that you know is going to die/kill themself, that would be a snuff film. There's a webpage on the internet that goes into details about the reality of the FODs/FOD rip-offs. I'll post a link later if I can find it.

19. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I voted Cannibal Holocaust for the animal killings.I haven't seen any of the other movies,not planning to either.

20. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ok, so i have ISOYG, Irreversible, Salo and some Guinea Pig films all sitting at home unopened and unwatched.. dunno if i'll ever get around to them either.. but for the rest

August Underground and August Underground Mordum i've watched and i've gotta say they didn't really disturb me that much.. probably because i was expecting a lot worse than what it was..

Cannibal holocaust was kinda disturbing only because it was one of the first "disturbing" films i saw and i'd read a lot of bad publicity about it.. cannibal ferox was a walk in the park in comparison

Last House on the Left gets my vote because it was the first of this type of film i watched and it almost made me throw up a half dozen times and i had to stop it several times..