Most obscure slasher you know of?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Wayne Manor, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

The forest

2. boogeyman74

boogeyman74 Guest

how about Bloody New Year!! Any1 have that??

3. boogeyman74

boogeyman74 Guest

dude violent shit rules I saw it a long time ago and have been waiting for the dvd that is some pretty hardcore stuff.....lol

4. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

:nervous: (I should keep it to myself but) yeah. Norman J. Warren's one of the best!

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I remember renting Stage Fright thinking it was the other one by Michele Soavi. Pretty good little flick.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

That movie fucking sucks. :(

Nope, it's not on DVD. I'd like it to be, though, because I really liked this one a lot.

7. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Has anyone ever seen a really good (at least in my opinion) movie from the early 70s called Private Parts? I rented it after reading about it and loved it, but no one else I have talked has seen it.

8. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

That's that satire of touchy-feely culture by Paul Bartel in which one of the newage types realises that he or she should kill?

9. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

No, not exactly. It's about a teen runaway who goes to live with her creepy aunt in an old hotel in Los Angeles and meets the weird people who live there and then some the residents and visitors wind up being killed.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Has anyone else ever seen Blood Lake? Sooooo bad!

11. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

I seem to recall "The Headless Eyes" being vaguely obscure, but it's all the more fascinating because it was made by Justine Bateman's father.

Family ties indeed!

12. muck

muck Guest

Death by Dialogue

13. The Ripper ( with Tom Savini ) - I would love to see this come on DVD , very good slasher .

14. Oh yeh another good one which i love to see come on DVD is " Funeral Home "

15. Gallio A Venezia (Gore In Venice/Thriller In Venice) is a fabulous and very obscure sicko slasher. Only available on bootleg in foreign language to my knowledge it has great SFX and a very cruel streak. Deaths include a gruesome petrol burning - where the victim opens his eyes afterwards, a prostitute stabbed in the vagina and a woman being tortured by having her legs explicitly sawed off with a kitchen knife. When she passes out from the pain, the killer slaps her around the face to revive her, before proceeding!! Well shot and quite disturbing, but fascinating to see just how far those Italian filmmakers are prepared to go. Find it on www.imdb.com

16. spikor

spikor Guest

i know psychos in love is not very obsucre not mainstream thought either but would love to see a dvd of it

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The director has been selling a limited DVD of it for the last year or so on ebay. It still has yet to come out, every time it's "delayed".

18. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

NEW YEARS EVIL is kinda hard to find,an early 80s slasher about a psycho killing a new person on New Years Eve every time it hits midnight in each different time zone.
    There is also the giallo styled THE SECRET OF SEAGULL ISLAND about a killer who targets blind women.There's a feature AND a miniseries version of this one.

19. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Good one. That is one of my favorite bad slashers ever. I have been carrying around a VHS of it for years. I fear I will never get to upgrade to a DVD version, but oh what I wouldn't do for a Blue Underground release.

20. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody has picked that one up for a dvd release,it aired on Elvira's old MOVIE MACABRE show once.