Most Pointless Nude scene in a Horror Movie

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by CrunciDragnChow, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I don't know if any nude scenes are pointless but there are certainly many many to choose from. However I think anyone who has ever seen Sorority House Massacre 2 has to admit that there is alot of pointless (and pointy) nudity in that movie, but this is one of the reasons I really like this film and yes I called it a film.

2. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I think Argento is one of the greatest horror directors ever but I have to wonder what he was thinking having his own daughter do a nude scene. She actually cried she was so nervous? Well I guess she got over her shyness if such films as The Scarlet Diva are any indication.

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I love Argento as a director, but having a daughter myself, I can only think he's a scumbag!!

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Most pointless nude scene? My vote goes to the scene in Breeders when one girl strips while talking to her mom on the phone! ;)

Same could be said for the girl who strips while cooking dinner, and the girl who strips for some nude aerobics. :p

5. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Well, how else is she gonna do nude aerobics? :lol:

My vote - The Gore Gore Girls. I know the movie centres around strippers and all, but jeez! Some nasty stuff there!

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

The Opening Scene In Freddy Vs Jason Just Dumb

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

keep in mind, that FvJ intro was Jason's dream. he's obvisiously a peeping tom, so why wouldn't he also dream it? lol

8. I would have to say the ones in Luther The Geek...

9. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

how about every nude scene in the F13 series? its all exploitation if you ask me "woo! killer on the loose, lets go skinny dip/have sex"

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Zombi - Scuba Dive scene.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  11. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I'd agree with you. That is what people want in a slasher aside from the killing. I was watching Sleepaway Camp III last night and after that I listened to the commentary and the director said plainly that they put in the nudity because that is what people want to see. For that reason I don't think there is truely a "pointless" nude scene in a film. It just grabs another type of viewer and sells for DVD's.

12. Severn

Severn Member

Well she wasn't nude per say but Ripley's panty scene in Alien felt kind of out of place.

13. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Mel Gibson's ass in Lethal Weapon. Why????

14. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I have changed my mind. This may be the most pointless showing of skin in a movie. There was not a reason for it and it actually killed the mood of the movie for me.

15. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

O.K., not a horror movie. Didn't get the "horror" part.

So...
    I DON'T GET THIS QUESTION!
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A POINTLESS NUDE SCENE IN A HORROR MOVIE.
    Period.

16. Marka1620

Marka1620 Guest

Opening scene in Freddy vs Jason, pointless. Don't get me wrong, I still love seeing T&A but work it into the story.

17. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

This has been posted a few times now, and I must say that for anyone who never saw a Jason movie, skinny dipping and Jason films go hand-in-hand. They obviously weren't able to use a montage of Friday clips like they did for Freddy's background, so they tried to school everyone with that opening - which I thought was appropriate.

18. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but my vote goes to the naked boys in the opening scene of Clownhouse.

19. Ichi

Ichi Guest

The opening scene in "The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue". Utterly pointless.

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

This is what came to my mind. Even the actress seems to think it's ridicules, you can see it on her face.. Who goes topless scuba diving around two strangers when her husband's around? It just makes no sense!

Don't get me wrong, I love the scene, but perhaps maybe if she did it at dawn when she thought people were sleeping. I don't know, just ANY thought at all into it.

And thanks for the tip guys, I'm goint to pick up Breeders now. :D

SPOILERS for Freddy vs. Jason:
    The skinning dipping was a DREAM, so I think it makes sense that it doesn't make sense. If they did an entire backstory on this girl with flash backs to her childhood to explain the motivation of her skinny dipping it would actually defeat the purpose of the scene. Jason likes to kill thoughtless skinning dipping girls who really aren't people to him, so that's what Freddy gave him.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004