Movies with Endings you Hated!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannafey, Mar 4, 2004.

1. legz

legz Member

This movie totally sucked, Dracula 3000's ending.

2. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

The first one that comes to mind without a doubt is CHRISTMAS EVIL.

3. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

4. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

The Descent 2 has the worst ending in recent memory. Total garbage.

5. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I don't know, I thought the ending was great. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but after I thought about it I thought it was the perfect ending, and kinds funny too!:)

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    AMITYVILLE HORROR remake - that stupid shot of the girl/ghost.
    THEY - tackled like a football player. It's not scary, it's confusing. Ends just as it gets interesting.
    HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW (original 1983 film) - I absolutely adore the film but that ending came a little late in the game to be effective. At the time we horror fiends had been conditioned with 3 Friday the 13ths and a few Halloweens, Final Exams, Graduation Days and so on to wonder if the producers really felt such an ending would satisfy an audience that had already seen it all. That is usually when the slasher flick gets going.
    THE FOG (remake) - another tired-ass love story.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

The exorcist (version you've never seen before) - it was a bad idea to begin with that, as far as i can remember, added absolutely nothing to the original in any of the changed parts. but the alternate, happy(!) ending was what turned this thing from a waste of time, to an actual insult to the legacy of the original. wow! william friedkin knows more about what makes a good movie than william peter blatty? who woulda thunk it!?

the village - im not sure if, upon watching this again, i would consider it a good movie with a bad ending, but i do recall that, while watching the film for the first (and only) time, i was going along with it, willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. then, at some point, i called the ending. and from then on i waiting, terrified, that what i had predicted would actually happen. "please," i thought, "let there be some real monsters in this." sadly, no. m. night lost what little draw he had on me with that crapfest.

8. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

The Last Broadcast The filmmakers either REALLY thought it would be a good sting in the tail, mind-fuck of an ending, or they just didn't know how to follow through with the pretty excellent build-up. I vote the latter.

Stage Fright Thunderously retarded ending.

9. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

The Mist - and I'm still pissed that SK would even allow the ending to be altered.

10. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I thought the ending was what made the movie so unique!

11. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I remember not liking the ending to Killer Party but I haven't watched it in a while.

12. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

The Entity.....
    Quite depressing knowing she never really escaped.....

13. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Sorry Crazyfat - I've got to disagree. I think in ruined the film. The ending, IMO, betrays how the characters are written. They work so hard to survive throughout the entire film to simply give up the minute they escape the super market. Not realisitc at all and not the original ending. I'm so tired of director's who do shit like this to try and put their own thumbprint on a film, instead of sticking to the source material and I know that it's been done over and over again. Darabont isn't the first, but I still don't have to like it.

14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Oh THAT was just precious - what a difference a few minutes of patience would make! Also - there was NO BUILD-UP whatsoever that this character would go through that. None! No lesson learned, no catharsis - NOTHING. Just a simple, "..HA!!! You're screwed, man" type of ending. Some have championed this as a "downbeat" ending...but it had NO substance. Nothing connecting it to anything that happened prior. Unless Thomas Jane is the most hollow actor in this role - whatever significant qualities his character had was lost on me. The Marcia Gay Harden character -- now I could see her going through something like that.
    I dunno - the movie was a simple 50's giant bug flick instead of a supernatural horror mystery that I'd been lured by the ads by.

15. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Normally I like downbeat endings, but The Mist is not one of those occasions. There's some nice irony to it but as has been said, it's completely unjustified. It may have worked better if
    I'm also a big fan of B&W photography, but The Mist was not shot with that in mind so I think it looks very flat that way.