Mutant Girls Squad

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by othervoice1, Mar 22, 2012.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Hadn't heard about this until today -
    Three leaders in the Japanese splatter movement -- Noboru Iguchi ('The Machine Girl'), Yoshihiro Nishimura ('Tokyo Gore Police') and Tak Sakaguchi ('Yoroi: Samurai Zombie') -- join forces to bring three times the heart-pounding action, three times the jaw-dropping comedy and three times the head-exploding splatter of your average action/horror/comedy with 'Mutant Girls Squad.'

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...USA/Mutant_Girls_Squad_Blu-ray_Announced/9060

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

That movie is way too good... if you like this sort of thing.

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

This was from a few years ago, wasn't it? Released around the same time as Alien vs. Ninja?

I only saw AvN, and it was a fun little movie, even if it wasn't all that deep. I heard it's the better of the two movies though.

4. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Yeah, they're all under the Sushi Typhoon project, and for whatever reason Funimation only ever got AvN out. This was supposed to be released last summer, but it never happened. Well Go picked up the rights to the rest of the Sushi Typhoon flicks (except Cold Fish, which is out by another studio) and I believe this is the next to come out (Helldriver and Yakuza Weapon are already out). Can't wait to finally see this, been fighting off the urge to watch it by other means so I can see it for the first time on Blu. Should be a blast.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

If Alien Vs Ninja is supposedly better than this film I would recommend staying far away from it.

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Anyone check this out yet?