My Bloody Valentine 3D [MERGED]

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Oct 24, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

lionsgate will release a 2D version of this on dvd and maybe a 3D version as well but will probably be blue and red but then again i hear the upcoming friday the 13th part 3D dvd glasses are clear?

2. Cardiac Tom

Cardiac Tom Guest

I just got back and I enjoyed it...The 3D was fun...And it did deliver on the gore...

I had some problems with it (Same with Kolpitz--see his spoiler tab if you want to know) but overall I was satisfied...

I like the original better, but this was not bad as far as remakes go...I didn't find it to be insulting to the original...I feel most of the newer remakes are...

3. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

While this is a completely random tangent, I know Betsy Rue gets naked for a five-minute scene while being stalked by the killer, but is there a sex scene immediately before that?

There was one in the first film too, so...

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The clear 3D glasses are a newer technogy that most are moving in.
    When I checked Journey to the Center of the Earth out from the library it didn't have any glasses with it, so I dug out my old red/blue glasses from Freddy's Dead (dvd and one pair of theater), but they didn't work at all with the new shit.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Going to check this out tonight! Hopefully it's not sold out, although I plan on getting there an hour or two early.

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I went to the premiere last week and I thought it was a lot of fun, cliched as it was. I put a review up in the Reader Reviews forum for those interested.

7. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

damn it!!! i cant go tonite b/c my friend cancelled on me.... :cry:
    im really sad now!! ill probably see it next weekend.:(

hey, to everyone who is seeing it tonight, have fun...:eek:

8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

just got back and it was pretty good the first showing here was sold out after i left the theater i looked up and had a sold out sign during the showtimes of the movie

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I saw it last night at 10:00 P.M. and Tom Atkins really looks good. He looks about how he looked in Night Of The Creeps. I did want to see Tom Atkins, but the main actor that I wanted to see was Jensen Ackles.

11. kiddo

kiddo New Member

I saw it last night too. The 3D was really neat, but the story was very weak.
    I also wanted to see what all the fuss was concerning this Jensen Ackles guy. I've never seen Supernatural, but Jensen seems to have a lot of fans because of it. Frankly, I found him dull and boring.

12. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

Just got back from the theater. Here's my thoughts...

The original is better, just in case there was any doubt.
    But... The 3D is great, the movie is VERY VERY bloody, and differs alot from the original, so it will stand on it's own in the future. I don't think i will like it as much in 2D, so I hope the DVD comes with glasses.
    I got great seats at the theater, snuck in a couple of 24 oz beers, and was entertained for 2 hours. I have no complaints.
    When the dust settles, though, It will be the UNCUT 1981 version I will continue to be revisiting year after year, not the remake.

13. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly. The remake was a fun romp, though I don't know how it'll hold up in 2D. Still, it's worth seeing for the fun 3D effects. Plus, you get to wear the dorky glasses!

14. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

My buddy reviewed it, if anyone wants to check out another opinion!

http://www.oh-the-horror.com/page.php?id=473

Seems to live up to the hype well enough writer Todd Farmer created for it back when we interviewed him. I won't be able to see it in 3-D here though. :(

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Great fun, just what I was hoping for. Plenty of homages to both the original MBV and to the Friday the 13th lore (no surprise, given Todd Farmer's involvement), and Tom Atkins gave it a touch of class. The 3D effects were all awesome; they were more than just a wavering gimmick - virtually every single shot in the film was effectively utilizing the third dimension in some form or another. I had no qualms with the ending, either - it was classic psychological slasher stuff. If anything, I admired the story for staying so true to the classic slasher tropes. It lagged a bit after the middle, but the rousing climax more than made up for it. Fun fun fun. But where's the Moosehead beer?

Also, stay through the credits for a one last 3D surprise!

16. drown021

drown021 Guest

Yep.....

17. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

This remake, sadly, was only so-so in my opinion.

The 3-D was very good but the story dragged on and the "fun" that was established early on in the first 30 mins. of the movie petered out into a love triangle that I did not care for. Bad acting (excluding Tom Atkins) and Jensen Ackles very fake deep voice also stopped this from being a classic. That being said, I'll still buy the 2-D version on DVD as there were some great kills/gore.

18. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Did anyone recognize the shower death set up in the end? All the minor suits started to fall around our main girl, and then she turns and looks at the minor staring at her. The angle then goes to her face (lightened by his mining cap), and I was waiting for him to grab her by the face, then she ran off. How could they leave that kill off of the movie and honor "Happy's" death from the original twice? It was still a fun B movie.

19. Lenny

Lenny New Member

Good fun

If you like slasher flicks this one you will enjoy!I want with my friend and he did not like it,But he,s really not into slasher flicks.I was wondering why the 3-d did not come right into your face.But it looked like watching a live show.All in all i thought it was a good movie.And i think watching it in 2-d will be just as good.Enjoy

20. lakini71

lakini71 New Member

Saw it yesterday, and pretty much got what I expected. It's a fun 3-D slasher film, nothing more, nothing less. I thought it was about on par with the original, and Jensen Ackles is just as bad an actor as Paul Kelman.