My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that it flows smoothly.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Nah it should be okay. The Blade Runner Blu-rays are branched, and there's no pause, as were the DVDs and there was no pause there as well. Branching's come a long way since the early days of DVD. And it depends on your player. There was always a slight pause on my Titanic DVD (because it was dual-layered) but on my PS3, the pause is gone.

~Matt

3. Zombie Dude

Well that's good to know. I look forward to its release.

4. Having the two versions is a stupid option, but at least we're getting it uncut!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

5. Zombie Dude

Yeah I don't get it either. At least having it uncut is an option (though I still think there shouldn't be an option).

6. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

New Line did the same thing with Jason Goes To Hell, nothing wrong with having both cuts. It makes it complete.

Even though the R-rated cut will get no play from me.

7. Zombie Dude

That was worse because as far as I know JGTH wasn't branched.

8. Zombie Dude

I thought I'd post some pics of the missing gore for those who haven't seen it yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

My guess on why they're using branching is probably because the deleted scenes aren't "finished." They were never scored and, as far as I know, never color timed. I'm sure they're in good shape but I doubt LG went out of their way to "finish" them. Using branching gives the fans what they want while allowing those who don't care, to watch a version that doesn't include "unfinished" footage. Just a guess though.

10. Zombie Dude

Hopefully they're just being annoying.;)

11. The Creep

The Creep Guest

As a Canadian I'm glad they decided to give this movie a special edition. I think this great Canadian slasher deserves it. I look forward to purchasing it.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

That's another good explanation, but the scenes were cut OUT of the finished film. It's not like it's just stock footage. I mean, MGM released the uncut and R-rated versions of Dressed to Kill and the uncut footage was identical to the rest of the movie. But yeah, there'll probably be a noticeable difference in quality. I imagine it'll be much like the Silent Night, Deadly Night DVD.

~Matt

13. Kolpitz

I thought I had read that the footage was cut before it was scored but I can't find that in the interview anywhere. It must have at least been re-scored or there'd be harsh cuts in the music.

14. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is possible. I mean, I've never seen the footage, but I could swear I read somewhere that the finished film was sent to the MPAA, meaning there'd be music to accompany the cut scenes. Oh well, we'll see when the DVD comes out.

~Matt

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Deleted scenes with director & cast intros?

Wow, George Mihalka was keeping this a major secret. You think he would have told somebody, considering this film is one of the most talked about getting a proper release for YEARS. And cast members? No leaks either. Pretty good. Sorry to be a downer, but because we always get screwed in the end I just can't believe these "scenes" are the gore scenes until I see the film myself or one of us here sees it. I just can't believe George Mihalka has said NOTHING of this in any interview. Nor has he been interviewed about this. Why the secret? Don't they want to sell copies? What's the surprise? This isn't a new movie, just tell the fans, spread the word to sell copies. Remember uncut doesn't mean necessarily "violence" or "gore" It could be dialog, scenery shots, etc...

Funny how on the poster are the same "uncut" stills that we have seen over the years. I swear if that ad is a fake ... Does it look fishy to anybody? And they got that ad, how?

From Fangoria:

On the shocktillyoudrop report.

"We'll consider this a rumor until we get confirmation from Lionsgate on the details, but if true, this would score a major victory for fans of the film, many of which felt burned by Paramount's lackluster 2002 DVD treatment."

So , I hope I'm completely wrong, for all the fans sake. I don't know about you but I tired of being played around with, especially when it comes to us spending money on countless double dipping.

Interesting thought. They were multiple petitions for this film to get released uncut for years. With thousands of sigs. So although I would like to believe that out recent emails helped make Lionsgate change the way the dvd would be seen, it is a little bit of a stretch. I doubt they just now stuck the deleted scenes into the film itself instead of just as extras.

P.S. - I read where the check discs on this film were mailed out and received already and no extras were on there. So its up in the air how the official releases will go. These check discs go out to people to review & look for flaws. If they don't like what they see it could go back to being just extras. Then if the scenes are indeed gore, you got the whole that's to "offensive" angle. Then bam, lionsgate doesn't even put it on the dvd.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  16. kiddo

kiddo New Member

On the ad, can someone please identify which scene is depicted directly above the words "Special Edition" on the box art? I've never seen this picture before, and I can't even tell which murder it's supposed to be. Is it Howard being hung from the noose? If it is, then there is definitely some new gore footage included. Anyone?

17. Zombie Dude

That looks like the scene where on of guys gets his face boiled while in the kitchen. The killer grabs his head and just dunks him into this pot. His skin blisters and peels away, then he's left dead in the refrigerator.
    I almost forgot about that scene.

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I actually am glad they're still including the cut version on the dvd as well. That's the version I grew up watching, and even though I'll prob only watch it once or twice, I still like the idea of having it to watch if I feel like it.

19. Kolpitz

Well, it's happening. Arguably the holy grail of the slasher sub-genre is finally seeing a legitimate home video release. Whether Lionsgate really had it planned all along or whether we all made a difference, it doesn't matter. I have to admit that I gave up hope for awhile there. But, now that's it coming I can't help but be disappointed that it's not coming out on Blu-ray. I'm all about Blu-ray and with Paramount putting out Friday the 13th on Blu, I just wish LG would do the same with MBV. Oh well, I'll buy it anyway.

20. Zombie Dude

I wonder what the print will be like? According to Shock they mentioned that their source told them the new footage looks great, so I'm guessing it's in good condition.