My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a little irritating with Silent Night, Deadly Night but Anchor Bay did the best they could with the existing film elements.

~Matt

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Silent Night Deadly Night didn't bother me at all. I'd rather have the cut scenes with low quality then not have them at all. They should have included a cut versions as well though, for those that were bothered by it.

As for MBV, I'll admit, I'm a little worried, but not too much. How many deaths are in the film? 5 or 6? That's like 30 secs. added onto each one. That's plenty! Considering the shower death will probably only be like an extra 10 seconds. And like someone here mentioned, they might trim a few unnecessary bits, now that they have these deaths. I don't think we have anything to worry about, unless those 3 mins. are mostly talking scenes like somewhere here mentioned their friend saw on a rough cut. That's the only thing that has me doubting. But yeah, when they said 9 mins. of cut gore scenes they probably meant with all the takes, or with some non gore scenes thrown in the mix.

And and I'm happy to see that the footage will have good quality, and with the right sound in place! i was worried they might just throw them in half ass shitty quality with bad sound and call it a day. But it sounds like they took the time to remaster and colour correct the footage, and redo the sound as well. Awesome!

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Sounds like this is gonna turn out like MGM's DVD of From Beyond...nice to hear. :)

~Matt

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Since one or both of you already brought it up...

What in the living fuck is going on with the Silent Night, Deadly Night DVD?! The places I go online are telling me it's going out of print AGAIN!!

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep youre right it's funny it was i guess only in print for 11 months it came out 12/11/07 try www.bestbuy.com just this last halloween they had them in stores and they still show up online there

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/silent-night-deadly-night-uncut-p-13219.html

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  6. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

no! i see the new ones everywhere...Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Borders, Frys...Everywhere.

btw, if you are looking for an OOP disc, try Movie Trading Company. That is where i have been getting most of my OOP discs. they have also have New releases, box sets, VHS, everything you could want is there. (except no lasers) i really recommend looking there for OOP discs.

7. DVD-fanatic-9

Well, my decision to make that statement was based on the fact that Amazon . com says (yep, the single disc edition released in 2007) they're completely out of stock of the item (and they really don't do that with any of their titles, none I've ever seen), Deep-discount-.-com says the item's been Discontinued, and Netflix has put the disc on their "Very Long Wait" list. The combination of those 3 usually means the disc is completely out of print, or going that way.

But, DVD Aficionado hasn't listed it as Discontinued yet... So, maybe it will still be available in stores. How long for is up in the air, but also- I only seek to order it online. That is, if it's available next year. Which it now looks like won't happen. I was hoping someone knew this was going to happen. Or maybe that it happened for a reason. Such as- they're planning to re-release the second movie sometime soon... Or maybe even the 3rd, 4th, and 5th films (nobody else is!)...

I'll remember your suggestion. And thank you.

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

eBay?

~Matt

9. Noto

Noto Guest

This was just forwarded to me via email. Thought you all would be interested. Sorry if it has been posted.

10. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Wow... I think I can relax now. ....Everything's...going to be ok... *sniff*

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's been posted, but thanks.:)

12. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Definitely check your local Best Buy, i went there last weekend and they had a few.

13. DVD-fanatic-9

Thanks, but I won't be able to do that for at least 2 weeks. Christmas and all that.

And I would prefer to get it next year. If they don't have it available next year because it goes out of print - then I can't get it.

14. gore

gore Guest

You should get it for yourself as gift this christmas, it is such a holiday treat!

15. DVD-fanatic-9

I wanted to freaking NETFLIk it, but since it's apparently going out of print, I can't see it.

I think the only reason I haven't bought it already, well...2 reasons: 1- outrage at Anchor Bay for pulling the double feature before it'd been out for 5 years. And 2- because if they re-release the 2nd movie... I'm going to explode!

Besides, the last time I went to a Best Buy was almost a year ago in itself. They are becoming the new WalMart - fucking shitty selection!

Thanks for kicking me about it, though. I know you're tryin' to help. I've just made so many mistakes buying something before another edition comes out that I'd rather have. It just can't happen again.

16. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Better safe than sorry, what if it turns out to be like what happened to AB's The Beyond release?

It took years before it saw a re-release, and it just ain't Christmas without SNDN.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  17. fceurich39

yep i watched the original tonight on my blu-ray player looked great

18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I was thinking about it and the film running and extra 3 mins makes sense. There was stock footage used to replace some of the cut scenes. I'm guessing that footage will be replaced with the proper footage and is the reason the total running time is only 3 minutes longer.
    Then again, if non-gore is added as well....:confused:

19. fceurich39

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  20. kiddo

kiddo New Member

Why didn't they include a little sneak peek at some of the uncut footage in the trailer??