My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Shouldn't they be in pretty good shape considering they've never been used?:confused:

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well no not necessarily. Film stock degrades over time, and since they've essentially been left in a box (or wherever) to rot, they've well...done just that. They'll definitely require quite a bit of restoration work. Even great films that are very well taken care of degrade over time. (Which is why a movie like The Wizard of Oz is the single most protected film of all-time. It's been amazingly restored, but it took YEARS to get it to look the way it does now. No matter how well you take care of it, the quality deteriorates over time.) And chances are if the director himself has the trimmed footage for MBV, that it wasn't properly stored in a vault somewhere. So...I'm willing to bet the trimmed footage is in pretty rough shape.

~Matt

3. Stige

Stige Active Member

rough shape is better than no shape

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i am getting it regardless but i will be very happy if the deleted gore footage is inserted back into the film but will also settle for the deleted gore footage as a bonus feature as well

lionsgate must have been working on this now for some time but since jan 13th isn't too far away i am hoping they have enough time to insert the gore footage/clean em up and have a better transfer i guess we will find out anytime now if the deleted gore footage will be in the film or on the dvd as a extra

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

As much as I want to see the footage, I don't even know if I'd be happy if they just included them as deleted scenes. This is one of my favourite horror movies, and after hearing about the scenes for so long, and noticing where the scenes have been cut, the only way to do it right would to be to include them in the film. They belong in the movie, end of story! Hopefully Lions Gate listens to all its fans that will be the ones purchasing it, and spend the money to insert them back into the film. the film is already great, but the extras scenes will make it that much better.

Damn, now we just have to play the waiting game...

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Does anyone have the Director's e-mail, maybe he can let us know if Lion's Gate asked about the reels, or for his commitment to insert them back into the film. if not, maybe he can pursue them to do it! Sounds like he tried with Paramount but they weren't interested, hopefully Lions Gate will be a little more smarter if they want everyone to double dip on this film!

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You know whats so cool about this movie & the WANT for an uncut release?

Is that the fact that there is indeed uncut footage. Proof from still shots & from the directors own mouth.

Very different from movies that come out now proclaiming "wait until the uncut dvd". They are just doing that for the sake of sales. Back when My Bloody Valentine came out it was the victim of the MPAA. Back then directors were not thinking about what extras would make a dvd. They were just hoping that their film would be shown in its full content.

I'm going out on a limb here, but My Bloody Valentine has to be one of the most sought after uncut movies to date, no?

What other movies have had this much buzz. Even way back when dvd was not even invented yet, people were talking about an uncut release. I even read somewhere that in Europe there was a rumor that they played an uncut version of the film on tv.

***A MUST READ***

A fantastic interview with George Mihalka 4 pages long about the movie(he goes into complete detail of all the cuts)

http://www.terrortrap.com/interviews/georgemihalka/

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

If it's not the bloody edition, I'm not buying.

9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Agreed. There would certainly be enough dvd sales to justify the expense of a feature re-edit. When the uncut version is released properly, I will finally add this movie to my dvd collection.

10. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Hopefully they show what a dump Sydney Mines has become since this was shot there.

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

A prime example of how this release could go wrong is Lionsgate's release of Evil Breed. The film, originially titled Samhain, was already severely compromised by its producers. Pretty much all it had going for it was the extreme gore ... which Lionsgate axed, in favor of an "R" rating. They included some, but not all, of the deleted gore gags as extra features.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Lets be honest though, if that is the cover then I'm pretty sure this isn't the uncut director's cut all of us horror fans have been waiting for. It would definitely have been mentioned on the cover. I'm sure it will have a director's commentary, maybe a making of, maybe some of the deleted scenes, and a featurette on the remake. It's so disappointing, that it's just a big tease!

I don't think, along with the Friday movies, we will ever see this uncut. Even with a remake, and a cult following, as long as a big company owns the rights it will never happen.

13. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I hate to agree with you but am sure you're right, itd certainly mention something about been uncut.

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Wow, big news. I like the new cover, better than that silly blue hued one that Paramount redid. Please, please be uncut though. It's one of the only slashers other than maybe FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD, where the cuts are so distracting that it becomes tough to enjoy what's actually there. The cut footage could be black and white and in Super8 and fans would still be jumping up and down for this. Do it right, Lionsgate!

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Then again, The Burning was never announced as being uncut on the DVD. I mean yeah we all knew MGM owned the uncut print because it was aired on Monsters HD. Hell, the back of the case even says it's the R-rated version. But low and behold, it's the uncut version. So, MBV could still be uncut and the front of the case may not advertise it as being so.

My hopes are set rather high for this release, and I'm usually the pessimist in situations like this. But as long as Paramount doesn't own it anymore, chances of it being uncut have risen greatly. And if the director himself is involved with this release, surely there'll be some sort of uncut footage.

~Matt

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Never knew that. I thought it would just keep, but obviously not. Thanks for filling me in.
    I tried looking for his email some time ago but came up empty handed. Surly someone has a connection?

17. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I hope trailers and tv spots are included too as they were missing from the paramount dvd.

18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

My gory carnage has been left on the cutting room floor long enough, DAMMIT!! Do me proud my fellow horrorfans.

All kidding aside, I will only buy this disc if it includes, at the very least, the uncut footage as deleted scenes, but I also prefer to see a totally uncut version with the deleted scenes inserted back in the film. I love this film. This would make my year if it was the actual uncut version of the film.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Not to mention LG releasing many older 2.35:1 films with terrible Pan & Scan transfers sourced from ancient video masters. I would have gladly taken letterbox transfers beside those crappy discs. And on a few releases they've just plain lied that they were 16x9 enhanced anyway.

20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

another one was artisan's release of fright night part 2