My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. I think most Aussie dvd's have that number on the spine.
    Yep, that's annoying and misleading. Surely it should say uncut somewhere on the package.

2. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

funny, i was about to bring that up, Lionsgate's cover doesnt even have the words UNCUT anywhere on the cover. if i were them, i would advertise that the film is UNCUT, like as Paramount is...on their new F13th cover the words UNCUT are on there.

3. kiddo

kiddo New Member

What US companies ship DVDs earlier than the release date? Anyone have any suggestions?

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

the back cover of the dvd should be appearing soon! my bestbuy is getting only 2 copies of this i will have to be there when it opens the bestbuy employees here usually don't put out the new release dvds until the afternoon so i will have ask them for it also not sure if walmart will carry it in stores or not?

5. Zombie Dude

It's weird and not a very good way to advertise the new release. I'm sure there'll be people who think this is the cut version.
    It's rare, but sometimes Amazon ships out before the release date.
    I look forward to seeing the back cover. See if it actually says uncut somewhere.

6. vampyr789

Amazon shipped my Pieces DVD the b4 it was released. i was a happy man when it came in 2 days later!!

7. Zombie Dude

I'm hoping they do the same with this new MBV.

8. vampyr789

so do I!!!

9. Zombie Dude

At least your shipping is free. Mines not.:(

10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, amazon.com shipping is brutal. $7.98 to Canada. (It used to be like $6 until they bumped it up about a year ago.) But then again, I get my shit in like 2 days. (And why do I order from amazon.com and not amazon.ca you ask? Well, to be honest, I hate bilingual Canadian packaging. Seriously. That's one of the main reasons I order from amazon.com. That and well...they're very reliable. Never had a problem. Well...once but it was cleared up in literally 5 minutes. THAT'S how fast their customer service is.)

~Matt

11. Maniac

Maniac Guest

I've been importing stuff to Australia for about 7 or 8 years now, mostly from Amazon and XploitedCinema. I have had 3 DVD's go missing in transit, but after 30 days past the expected date Amazon has always done the right thing and sent me replacements, and even with express delivery. I cannot complain about amazon at all, they have been fantastic and most of the time they seem to ship prior to actual release dates.

Heres hoping MBV is no exception :)

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

How long does it take you guys to get stuff to Australia? I've ordered from Australia before and the shipping took a murderously long time (from EzyDVD anyway...)

~Matt

13. vampyr789

no its not.
    shipping & handling. its $2.98

14. Maniac

Maniac Guest

On average I get stuff within 10 to 14 days. Thats standard shipping. When the Aussie dollar was higher I used to FedEx stuff and get it within 2 or 3 days. But the current situation with our currency means I just wait a bit longer.

Sometimes Tony from XploitedCinema sent me stuff express with out me paying for it, coz I ordered so much. He even got me stuff that wasnt on his site. Great site, great person. Off Topic I know ... but, I think just about everyone here would have used his services at one stage or another.

When I order from Amazon.co.uk they are very quick, even with standard shipping shipping I get stuff in a week.

Edit - Speaking of ezydvd, they are local and in my state. In fact, they are less than 20 kilometres away (thats about 15 miles for you foreigners !) AND they still take like 3 or 4 days to deliver ! Would be quicker me walking there and back ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Deep Discount and DVD Pacific usually both do...as long as they get it in stock ahead of time.

EzyDVD shipments have always arrived fast to the states, probably in 20+ orders over the years.

Canada must have an odd postal system. It's the only place I've ever had a package "robbed" somewhere in transit, and that includes within the states. The package had been ripped opened, and the item inside stolen at some point. I have no idea if that actually occurred in Canada, but... :eek2:

16. vampyr789

so does DVDEmpire. i pre ordered the DVD for The Burning and they shipped the day b4. their shipping is UBER fast. i got it the next day. standard shipping...!

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yes, they're also quite fast. Their free shipping has always been quite fast to arrive here. I believe they offer it on everything now, with no minumum purchase as it used to be.

18. Maniac

Maniac Guest

Speaking of packages in transit. Over the years I have imported many movies which our wonderful censors have deemed either banned or cut-worthy. It always a nervous wait, as I'm sure Zombie Dude and many others here can relate too. The fear of customs opening and seizing it is always on your mind until the minute it arrives at your doorstep.

Heres the thing, out of all the movies I have imported the ONLY ones which have ever been opened by customs are the ones from XploitedCinema. Nothing from amazon has ever been opened and checked. They must think they have hit the jackpot when they see the words XploitedCinema written on the package haha. But the irony is, the ones that they did open that came from Tony were ones that WERE NOT banned ! And the ones they chose not to open ... like Nekromantik 1, 2, Lucker, Mothers Day etc etc are banned.

n

19. Zombie Dude

I have yet to import anything from XploitedCinema. I only hear good things about them though. It's nice to hear about Amazon replacing missing packages too. I know to worry less if something doesn't turn up.
    I sent something to Texas once and it took forever for the person to get it. At least a month if I remember. It was one of those trade type things too. So he was going to wait for my package to arrive and then send his. He ended having to send it before it arrived because of the ridiculous time it was taking.
    :confused:I always thought it was free for you guys. I'm sure I read it somewhere on the site.
    As if you get standard shipped products from Amazon that quick. It usually takes at least two weeks for me to get what I've ordered. I do agree that Amazon.co.uk is much faster. I got my Creepshow disc in a week which took me by surprise.

As for Ezydvd; I find it to be expensive and most stores don't carry much. There horror range is usually lacking, but that's only for in-store.
    I don't recall any of my packages being opened. Usually I'm not too worried about it anyway. I'm not sure I've bought anything that's been banned though. I want to get myself Nekromantik.:evil:

20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we do have an odd postal system. It's called Canada Post. It's fucking garbage. Some days the mail will be delivered before or around noon, but a couple weeks ago, we didn't get the mail delivered until after 5 o'clock! Like, wtf is that shit!? (Not to mention they went on strike for about 5 days just before Christmas. Fucking assholes.)

~Matt