My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Without the remake there would have been no chance.

2. evileye

evileye Member

I have to admit the remake looks kinda fun (hopefully they will not back out of the R rating at the last minute). Jan/Feb of '09 is looking very good for slasher fans :)

3. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

so according to various sites..the uncut footage will be in the dvd!! i dont give three shits if its presented as deleted scenes or intergrated back in the movie..im just happy to finally be able to see the shower head scene which felt SO incomplete in the flick..oh well..january cant come soon enough!!!!!im so happy imma cry!

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well, until John Dunning says himself what the dvd has on it. I will still have to hold back on believing whats going into the dvd. Considering Dunning is the only one with the footage. The ONLY one.

"Dunning just discovered the footage within the past couple of years. He mentioned to us that it's in excellent shape too, which is good news."

Everybody:

Take a read below. I don't think anyone could be more clear on what was cut, how it was cut, the reason it was cut, etc... What Paramount did, who has what, where it is today, etc... Explanation of how it was stored, what caused the cuts in the first place, etc...

Basically everything you ever wanted to know about the filming & background of My Bloody Valentine.

Highly recommended read.

5. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

While I am excited that this film is getting a much-deserved second chance on DVD, this release isn't good enough. We all bought the first release in good faith that sometime down the road, the uncut version would be released. This is the one opportunity we have for that, and it's not happening.

Write Lionsgate today. There is still time to make an uncut version happen. It doesn't have to be the best of quality (in my e-mail to them, I use Anchor Bay's Silent Night Deadly Night as an example). We just want the film as it was originally intended. We want a bloody "VALENTINE".

I found this address as well... general-inquiries@lionsgate.com

This could be our very last chance to make the uncut release happen. In tight economic times, I simply can't justify buying another copy of the theatrical version. I hope all of you Harry Warden fans will take the time to write Lionsgate Home Video a very polite, but heart-felt e-mail about how much finally getting to see the uncut version of this film will mean to you...but most importantly...how much more likely you are to purchase the disc if it is included. I know e-mail campaigns are a dime a dozen, but what will one more hurt? And remember, as evidenced by Columbia's last-minute decision to add the theatrical poster art to the insert of Happy Birthday to Me, E-MAIL CAMPAIGNS CAN WORK!!!

Repost this on any and all other forums you visit. We have to get the word out hard and fast.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

What about starting a petition? I know these usually don't work, but if they already have the footage, seeing a bunch of signatures might convince them to just add it to the movie.

7. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Petitions take time to acumulate the right amount to make a difference. E-mails and letters are fast and direct. With a January release date, there is little time...but there is enough time.

8. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

9. evileye

evileye Member

I also emailed the TERRORTRAP site to see if they ave an update. Obviously there were able to speak with the director and might be able to contact him direct for more info.

10. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Emailed Lionsgate. They might actually listen if they get enough emails. And BE POLITE, guys! :D

~Matt

12. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I e-mailed both e-mail addresses. I was very polite but I tried to appeal to their wallets (i.e.: mentioning that unrated DVDs sell, on average, 30 - 40% more copies than their rated counterparts).

13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

14. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i wrote to Lionsgate, no reply yet. i was polite!!

15. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I sent emails to both Lionsgate addresses and I was NICE! I even ended my email with the word " Respectfully".

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

17. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Does anyone remember when The Shining was getting a special edition awhile back?? It was first thought to have the shorter 119 cut. But a week before release it was confirmed to have the longer 144 min.

hopefully something like that will happen!!

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I actually prefer the 119 min International cut of The Shining. It's snappier, and gets right to the point. The 144 min cut is a little drawn out. It's one of the rare instances where I actually support Kubrick in what he cut out, even though he did edit the film to get better reviews from critics who complained about the long running time, which I believe is never a valid reason for a director to cut their film. If their final version is the one they decided upon, why cut it to satisy the needs of others? Howver, I believe his decision worked in this rare instance. (Kubrick also stated that the 119 min cut is actually his preferred version. I'm still not too sure how much I believe that.)

Precisely. But I'm not too sure how much I trust DVDAf's info. They're wrong most of the time, anyway.

~Matt

19. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much faith in that.

Look at you go. Get 'em Guy!