My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I didn't. I popped it in the player at around 4pm. I really couldn't wait.

I must say that the movie really does play a lot better with the added footage. Now it's finally the 'bloody' valentine it should have been from the start.:D

The dvd is lacking in the special feature department which was a little disappointing.:(

2. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

I have watch it 2 times already. Those 3 minutes are improving it a lot. Great dvd. The only minor complain is that I am used to the french version and they took it off in this version.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

GOOD. That means no bilingual packaging. :D

~Matt

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Mine came too!! I don't think I'll get to it until Friday though!! :(

5. Zombie Dude

That sucks. I probably had things that were more important to do, but I just couldn't help myself.:lol:

6. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

I must agree with you on this, I hate bilingual packaging too, but I still like the french version anyhow. :)

7. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Agreed. Always thought this slasher was pretty decent, but the MPAA butchery stopped it from being an all-time fave. They really butchered this baby to bits. Even the weaker kills got the same treatment. My favorite uncut death was Sylvia's. I also love the extra closeup with the water coming out of her mouth. Extras could've been better, but it's the uncut movie that matters.

8. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

This appears to be selling very well. Until the last couple of days or so, it was the number one and number two top selling DVD at DeepDiscount and it's still number one at DVDEmpire.

E-mails, letters, and phone calls from fans can be a great force, but nothing speaks louder to studios than cold hard cash and sales figures. With My Bloody Valentine selling so well, here's hoping this will send a clear, unmistakable message to Lionsgate...and that more uncut releases and re-releases will be in our future.

9. shockwave

shockwave New Member

I got mine a few weeks ago. I love the added footage, its definitely noticeable but doesn't really detract from the experience. The scene where Axel is cutting his own arm off I thought was quite powerful, just showed how insane he truely was. So much better than the remake(big suprise).

10. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

just saw this

the theatrical version i liked when i saw it about 5 years ago, the extra scenes add more value for this movie

some murders seemed a bit silly to cut (since even in this 'uncut' status they weren't that brutal), others were very brutal... i loved it all

i've read through this thread and it seems that some suggested that this still wasn't all the footage that was shot (the impalement of the 2 teens making out only being shown at the aftermath?) but i guess this will be as uncut as we're ever going to see (unless a lizard crawls through some woman's skin again :rolleyes:)

all in all i'm very satisfied having seen this!

11. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I think this is one of the best DVD I have ever bought. This is up there with the Sleepaway Camp Box Set with the Red Cross I bought years ago.
    Plus no French packaging. Just with they has used the Original Cover Art under the sleve.

12. Zombie Dude

What's French packaging?:confused:

13. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

For the most part when i buy movies in Canada the title is English and French and it makes it look so bad. But this one I bought in Canada has just english.
    Even though I live in Quebec I like my moves to be english.

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

In Canada, most DVDs come with the title on the front in English and French writing. Sometimes the French writing can be quite large and distracting, taking up a chunk of the front cover. The backs suffer from this as well, usually with the writing half the size so they can repeat the same thing either beside or under in French. pretty much half the front and back is taken up with French writing. Anyways, it sucks and I don't understand why they can't just put a French cover on the other side or something. I mean, in Ontario and throughout most of the country, we are mainly English speaking. They should have French covers in Quebec, and French on the reverse for every other province.

15. Zombie Dude

Wow, that does sound annoying. Why would they even bother for such a minority anyway? English is a central language anyway.

16. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

The French and English issues here are so stupid. There are laws in place to protect the french language here in quebec and the rest of Canads. Like if you let people make there own decision about the language they want to use then french would just go away. Please french has been around forever it doesn't need to be protected.
    End of Rant

I really hope they don't mess up my Friday 13th Blu-ray...there is still no picture on amazon.ca and it just shipped out.

17. Zombie Dude

It seems like a pointless effort to please. *shakes head in shame*

18. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's bilingual. If there is a French audio track, count on there being bilingual packaging. The reason the My Bloody Valentine DVD didn't have bilingual packaging is because there was no French audio track. I ordered mine off amazon.com to avoid it altogether. I know I paid a bit more by importing it. Sorry, but bilingual packaging just drives me completely fucking insane. It looks so goddamn stupid.

~Matt

19. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I hate Eng/Frn packaging as well. I forget which it was, I think The Fog (1980), but the French title on the siding is just as big as the english. Errr, irritation.

20. geeare

geeare Guest

The original "My Bloody Valentine" is playing in my local theatre next week. The film was shot locally, about 5 hours from me, and the director will be at the viewing to field questions. should be cool.