My Bloody Valentine Special Edition In The Works!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

I agree with you guys on the bilingual covers, I fucking hate them. A lot of sites sell them to us here in the UK and they don't tell you that they are bilingual. I've lost count of how many I've sent back. They must get them cheaper because no fucker wants them! Thankfully there's a couple of sites that sell the US discs for the UK with NO French writing on them. :D

2. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

3. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

It looks authentic to me and if it is it is in excellent condition considering how old it is. The sellers second name in Dunning and he said he found it looking through his father's memorabilia with him. Great find, thanks for posting this! :D

4. kiddo

kiddo New Member

That is really cool! The auction is over now, and I couldn't afford it anyway, but I would love to own it!

BTW, I still think the figure is a composite of the Mable character's body and Sylvia's head. I don't care, because it's still a neat piece of art.

5. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

LOL it's funny you say that about the composite because that's exactly what I thought as well! That totally looks like Mabel's torso. So in essence, the buyer (rich and lucky bastard) is getting 2 props from the film. Man, if I had some cash to throw around...

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Picked up the DVD yesterday and popped it in tonight. Finally seeing my second favorite slasher uncut completes it. It just felt 'off' with those scenes butchered. Excellent release, not to heavy on the special features, but I did enjoy the addition of the 'slasher history tree' and it covered quite a bit!

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

8. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Man,that'd be cool one of a kind piece for a fan.Great find.

9. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Nice find for sure

10. foller

foller Active Member

I saw the new uncut DVD a couple of days ago. Yesterday evening I was zapping through the channels and the old cut version of “My bloody Valentine” was on (German TV).
    I noticed straight away that the movie looked different. You could see so much more detail in the dark mine and the colours were much brighter and vibrant. So I popped in the DVD to compare and was a little disappointed to find out that the new Lionsgate DVD must have been colour corrected or something like that. It is in fact much darker and the colours seem to be more brownish. That’s really sad because it lacks a lot of detail and you just do not see as much as in the old version.

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Eric and I got a chance to check this out on the big screen last night, on a double bill with the original Friday the 13th in Cambridge, MA. It was the R-rated cut and beat to hell, to boot. The movie started, not with The Miner and the girl walking down the mining shaft, but instead with a trailer for the 2006 CG-animated movie The Ant Bully. It then abruptly cut into the intro, now with The Miner and the girl already at the bottom of the shaft, The Miner sticking his pick axe into the wall. The print suffered from massive emulsion damage, the print now having a nice blue tone to it, with massive scratching, dirt, hairs and other miscellaneous print damage. It gave the proceedings a nice grindhouse feel. However, the best part was the end. The entire movie, as I stated, was the edited theatrical version until the end. All of a sudden, when they announce that they've found a survivor, the print suddenly shifted to a different source, still 35mm, spliced into the film. This was now red tinted, instead of blue, and it was the uncut version of
    Axel cutting his arm off
    . Then it cut back to the blue tinted, R-rated cut and ended, complete with blue background end credits. I had always heard rumors that the British cinema version had the original, unedited ending. From IMDb: "The original British cinema print was also the pre-cut version. However, it did restore the ending. The footage was obviously from a different source and cut back into the film." This print they used would appear to be the British cinema version. Very cool.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Anyone going to the screening of this tomorrow at the Bloor Cinema. They just confirmed the guests that will be there and other then Hollis not being there, it looks pretty awesome!

"The following cast and crew members are confirmed for tomorrow night's My Bloody Valentine reunion: Director GEORGE MIHALKA; Stars NEIL AFFLECK (Axel Palmer), LORI HALLIER (Sarah) and PAUL KELMAN (Jessie "T.J." Hanniger); Composer PAUL ZAZA"

http://www.rue-morgue.com/index.php

I'll be there as I still have my tic. from the screening that was canceled due to the black out. Can't wait, hopefully I can get my original movie poster and DVD signed by everyone.

13. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Ok, to go off topic here for a while ...

HOW ON EARTH DID THIS THREAD REACH 35 PAGES?!?!?!

Based on this, I must deduct that My Bloody Valentine is the most talked about horror film in the history of horrordigital, née dvds.com. The reason for this completely eludes me. (I am a fan, though).

14. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

lol when i made the thread i didnt think it would get longer than 5 pages.
    Haha :D, its strange how this has more pages then the Night of the Creeps thread, which i think has been much more hyped to be on DVD

15. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

You're goddamn right I'm gonna be there lol. I can't believe they got so many cast members! I got Neil and George's sigs last time, hope to get the rest of them this time!

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

wow, that's a really cool screening. i love the bloor cinema, that place is fantastic.

17. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Yup it's one of the few theatres in Toronto that still feels like an authentic grindhouse experience. I hope they keep it going, but never totally re-model it lol.