My First Hammer Movie

Discussion in 'Classic' started by hell ya!, Apr 5, 2003.

1. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I watched both The Mummy and Curse Of Frankenstein and i loved both of them. The Mummy was a little slow but still VERY enjoyable. COF was also excellent, great perfromaces by Cushing in both movies as well as Lee(well for his amount of time on screen anyways). Now the question is to either wait for the AB Cushing and Lee boxsets or start to buy them now.:nervous:

2. The Lost Continent would be the first Hammer movie that I ever saw, and I just loved it as a kid.

I found it on DVD recently, and it is still enjoyable all these years later.

I only have a couple of Hammer movies, and this talk of a Hammer boxset sounds wonderful. Can anyone point me to a list of what will be in the boxset?

Many Thanks as always. :)

3. hell ya!

Its listed on the Fangoria chopping list. There is no offical word from AB of what titles will be in it though:(

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I need to get CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN. I smell an order coming soon.

5. hell ya!

I really enjoyed it, and i think you would too. :banana:

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Might as well add Revenge of Frankenstein to the order. A very worthy sequel, and I'm honestly not sure which one I like more. If I prefer Curse, it's only because of Christopher Lee.

Another Hammer sequel that doesn't get a lot of love is Brides of Dracula, the first sequel to Horror of Dracula. No Christopher Lee (actually, no Dracula for that matter), but another great outing by Peter Cushing as Van Helsing.
    Of course, it's not out on DVD...

7. hell ya!

Thats next for me, i'm going shopping on Thursday so hopefully i will be able to pick it up or else i'll have to order it and wait longer.:nervous: